• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Site Feature!
04-20-2012, 05:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2012, 05:35 AM by Scud.)
New Site Feature!
Our webmaster, Raz, has added a new feature when reporting games:

How the game result should be handled

Don't count this as a ladder game
(If checked this result will be visible in your profile, but won't affect your ladder standings)

The game was forfeited
(Please select this checkbox if the game was forfeited by your opponent)

The first is great for veteran players when tutoring newbies, or when you just feel like a friendly noncompetitive game. Note, this option needs to be established in writing by either a forum post or an email thread, to avoid misunderstandings at the conclusion of the game.

The second is self-explanatory, but should also help with opponents who go AWOL midway through a game.

Nice job, Raz!

Scud
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2012, 07:43 AM,
RE: New Site Feature!
Here is the new portion of the game report form......

[Image: 487da71e86New%20Report.jpg]

As Dave stated, should there be a disagreement about if the game was or was not competitive, it will be listed as a normal ladder game unless there is evidence to prove otherwise in the form of a PM, email or forum post.
04-20-2012, 08:04 AM,
Can a member who is teaching a new player still report a draw?
According to existing rules the winner of a match has the right to report a lesser result?
The way I do it is; the new member and I play with draw reports until the new member beats me, or feels confident enough to play the next as a regular game. Farmer

I do not "get" this, "don't count as a ladder game". We are a club based on ladder play? Idea2

I can understand the second new report line being needed. I have one where I have been waiting four months for a game file.

Just let me know if it is against the rules to report a match a draw that will show up on the ladder? I do not want to break a new rule or have it applied to reports that are in the recent past. Peace Pipe

cheers

HSL

04-20-2012, 08:13 AM,
(04-20-2012, 08:04 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Can a member who is teaching a new player still report a draw?
According to existing rules the winner of a match has the right to report a lesser result?
Of course you can continue to report games against new players as you have in the past if you wish, this feature is just another option where you and your opponent (new or veteran) have played a non competitive game and wish to report it as such. ;)
(04-20-2012, 08:04 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: I do not "get" this, "don't count as a ladder game". We are a club based on ladder play? Idea2
Well we still are, but the option of playing non competitive games is there if players so wish to use it, if you just want to play ladders games then just ignore it.
(04-20-2012, 08:04 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Just let me know if it is against the rules to report a match a draw that will show up on the ladder? I do not want to break a new rule or have it applied to reports that are in the recent past. Peace Pipe
It is not against the rules to continue as you have in the past, this is a option only.
04-20-2012, 09:53 AM,
This option is slick, I like it!

It gives a vet the opportunity to play games against recruits and not compromise his/her ladder score.

I'm still a bit unclear on the forfeit though...

I thought after going through all the motions to contact a player after a certain amount of time you could collect a victory on the ladder and move on!? The major would count on your ladder.

I hope this is still the case.

Ivan the Big:smoke2:
04-20-2012, 10:07 AM,
(04-20-2012, 09:53 AM)Ivan The Big Wrote: I thought after going through all the motions to contact a player after a certain amount of time you could collect a victory on the ladder and move on!? The major would count on your ladder.

I hope this is still the case.

Ivan the Big:smoke2:

Yes,it's still the case. If your opponent vanishes you can claim total victory and get ladder points for it (unless,of course,for some reason you tick the 'don't count this as a ladder game' checkbox).

The only difference is if the game is reported as 'forfeited' it will show in red 'game forfeited by x' next to the result in question,on user's profiles. Thus allow you to avoid those players who regularly drop their games.

Send this user an email
04-20-2012, 10:44 AM,
Thanks Raz

ItB
04-20-2012, 11:17 AM,
Just curious, I have some games going, and because of the rule to only have 3 games in H2H testing, one I have going isn't eligible, no, two actually. I feel the opponents should be getting credited for helping me out, but since these are test games, how is that handled? One is a Bulgarianvs Partisan WF, the other is a Korean War, night scenario. How to proceed? Two players herre have been extremely diligent in helping me, and don't want them to forfeit valuable playing time. Same goes with my K'talan mod scenarios. I'm afraid no-one wants to help out testing these, since they are not eligible ladder games? The Korean War is, but there isn't one for the K'talan, and am only allowed 3 in H2H testing, it takes a long time sometimes to accurately work out the bugs in a scenario. can't just blast them through process?

Mike
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
04-21-2012, 02:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2012, 04:52 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
(04-20-2012, 11:17 AM)Warhorse Wrote: I feel the opponents should be getting credited for helping me out, but since these are test games, how is that handled?

Mike,
First of all the testers of H2H scenarios receive double the points that they would if they were to playing your scenario as a normal ladder game, this is to reward them for the time and effort of running a H2H test, if this reward is not enough and the the only thing that will motivate a player to helping you test is in order to increase their "games played" total, is misunderstanding the H2H idea, the idea of helping designers like yourself test is to give something back to the community rather than advancement up a ladder (although of course the test points do increase your ladder score). ;)

The 3 scenarios limit was imposed on the H2H area because in the past some designers filled up the H2H page with scenarios and then just left them there, so to be fair to everyone a limit was put in place. :)
04-21-2012, 02:41 AM,
(04-20-2012, 11:17 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Just curious, I have some games going, and because of the rule to only have 3 games in H2H testing, one I have going isn't eligible, no, two actually. I feel the opponents should be getting credited for helping me out, but since these are test games, how is that handled? One is a Bulgarianvs Partisan WF, the other is a Korean War, night scenario. How to proceed? Two players here have been extremely diligent in helping me, and don't want them to forfeit valuable playing time. Same goes with my K'talan mod scenarios. I'm afraid no-one wants to help out testing these, since they are not eligible ladder games? The Korean War is, but there isn't one for the K'talan, and am only allowed 3 in H2H testing, it takes a long time sometimes to accurately work out the bugs in a scenario. can't just blast them through process?

Mike

Hi Mike: Smoke7

A couple options...

1. One of your H2H Korean submitted scenarios - "Battle of Imjin River" has three registered test games and one underway... getting close to approval. Try to get that one through first and free up a slot for your WF one.

2. I can delete one of your Korean H2H submitted scenarios... if you have a ways to go with working out the kinks in it... and thus free up a slot for your WF one.

Your K'talan mod scenarios can be tested outside the H2H process and uploaded into the scenario dBASE... to be made available to all players...but testers will not receive bonus points.

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email