• Downloads

Notice of Down time
04-15-2012, 05:58 AM,
RE: Notice of Down time
Boy, what a mess! Crazy
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2012, 03:04 PM,
21 working days? WTF is that about? Sorry to hear of the trials and tribulations my friend. Stick with it.

My worst moving streak was 8 times in 9 years (which dropped off to 9 times in 11 years before stopping). You've got that trumped.

Scud, I was lucky enough to grow up in the house I was born in. I think there is a lot of good in that, but also probably a lot of good in seeing as much of the world as you did with your moving.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
04-17-2012, 03:34 AM,
(04-16-2012, 03:04 PM)Larry Reese Wrote: 21 working days? WTF is that about? Sorry to hear of the trials and tribulations my friend. Stick with it.

My worst moving streak was 8 times in 9 years (which dropped off to 9 times in 11 years before stopping). You've got that trumped.

Scud, I was lucky enough to grow up in the house I was born in. I think there is a lot of good in that, but also probably a lot of good in seeing as much of the world as you did with your moving.

LR

Hi Larry,

21 working days - welcome to Africa time. My adventures pale into insignificance compared to your grand expeditions (congrats on the twins - getting much sleep yet?). Did you get the carpet shop?

Regards,
Ashley
Send this user an email
04-17-2012, 09:44 AM,
Hey Larry,

Carpet shop eh, ?! That's what I do for a living, install carpet every day, good luck with your venture!! Make sure your boys use a stretcher, and don't kick in anything, or you will be back within a few years for a re-stretch!! Are you going to have in-house installers, or sub-contract it out. Overhead is tough with in-house guys, what with insurance and whatnot, but lots of customers want an actual employee, as there are a lot of people with carpet tools out there, that shouldn't have them!! I've been in the business for 15 years now, as an employee, but I am good, and I'm not being arrogant about saying this, folks would tell you, if you asked, so feel free to ask any questions or voice concerns, I will try to help?!

Mike
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
04-17-2012, 10:02 AM,
(04-17-2012, 03:34 AM)Ashcloud Wrote:
(04-16-2012, 03:04 PM)Larry Reese Wrote: 21 working days? WTF is that about? Sorry to hear of the trials and tribulations my friend. Stick with it.

LR

Hi Larry,

21 working days - welcome to Africa time. My adventures pale into insignificance compared to your grand expeditions (congrats on the twins - getting much sleep yet?). Did you get the carpet shop?

Regards,
Ashley
I also grew up in the same house. I now own it along with my 4 brothers at lest for now until all the legal crap is done been almost a year now.
As for the carpet store i think your getting in at the right time. The economy must be picking up south of the border. We have been exporting a lot more lumber in the last few months.
04-17-2012, 03:02 PM,
(04-17-2012, 03:34 AM)Ashcloud Wrote: Hi Larry,

Regards,
Ashley

Still, 21 days is a bit excessive. And if you have weekends off, that's not even rounded out to an even number of weeks; just seems strange to me. But then, if it's a rural area maybe I can see it. LOL, grand expeditions my ***. Yes, in process of getting store.

(04-17-2012, 09:44 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Hey Larry,

Carpet shop eh, ?! That's what I do for a living, install carpet every day, good luck with your venture!! Make sure your boys use a stretcher, and don't kick in anything, or you will be back within a few years for a re-stretch!! Are you going to have in-house installers, or sub-contract it out. Overhead is tough with in-house guys, what with insurance and whatnot, but lots of customers want an actual employee, as there are a lot of people with carpet tools out there, that shouldn't have them!! I've been in the business for 15 years now, as an employee, but I am good, and I'm not being arrogant about saying this, folks would tell you, if you asked, so feel free to ask any questions or voice concerns, I will try to help?!

Mike

Thanks Mike, the store uses two contract crews who have been doing it for 15 and 25 years respectively. They seem pretty reliable and haven't resulted in many complaints over the years (or so the paperwork seems to indicate). I'd like to have them as employees, but the volume just is not there. The hardwoods and tile work (flooring, kitchen, and bath) are actually done by a crew working for the current owners dad and they seem to be pretty good as well. If I come across any questions I'll definitely reach out to you.

(04-17-2012, 10:02 AM)flanker Wrote: I also grew up in the same house. I now own it along with my 4 brothers at lest for now until all the legal crap is done been almost a year now.
As for the carpet store i think your getting in at the right time. The economy must be picking up south of the border. We have been exporting a lot more lumber in the last few months.

Well, I know the oil and wind energy boom that's going on out there right now won't last, but the shop has been running for something like 20 years I think so I'm hoping it will still be able to generate a reasonable profit even in bad times. We'll see how it turns out. Stay tuned for the next episode, same bat-time, same bat-channel...

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.