• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New wargame site
03-31-2012, 05:45 AM,
RE: New wargame site
(03-30-2012, 11:17 AM)Otto von Blotto Wrote: Frankly anyone who just calls themselves "the master" while wanting any one joining to give their real name is at the least on a huge ego trip and can do so without me.
Paul who used to run this site dropped his username "steel god" as he felt it gave the wrong impression and although i loved the cartoon i decided against using "Top Cat" for just that same reason, i think with a username of "Foul." i am never going to be comfortable at a club for gentlemen run by the "Master"......LOL Big Grin
03-31-2012, 09:58 AM,
This Just In  RE: New wargame site
ATTENTION ALL BLITZ FOLLOWERS!!

REPEAT,

ATTENTION ALL BLITZ FOLLOWERS!!

Whoever "THE MASTER" is, lol, he has access to this forum and is making decisions based on posts here who he lets in the new club and who he doesn't.

My recon objective worked perfectly as I confirmed "The Master" is someone who I believe is intimately associated with THE BLITZ in the past and to no surprise by all, rejected my application after reading this forum.

THE BLITZ, THE NUMBER ONE PORTAL IN THE UNIVERSE FOR JOHN TILLER'S CAMPAIGN SERIES WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!

LET ME REPEAT THAT!

THE BLITZ, THE NUMBER ONE PORTAL IN THE UNIVERSE FOR JOHN TILLER'S CAMPAIGN SERIES WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!

PLEASE DON'T EVER FORGET THAT!

Hiding behind a handle to form a new club is not what I call normal and in good open spirits! In my opinion I would not waste my time with this new club.

Ivan the Big:smoke2:
03-31-2012, 10:58 AM,
Pretty jive, eh?!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
03-31-2012, 09:52 PM,
ItB, good job! Thumbs Up

I guess the boys there would not even consider my application? ROTFLMAO

Too many empty and stuffy suits there for me! TEEHEE
There is only one member there that I consider a gentleman and that is Nemesis. Too bad as I would like to have played him again. :show down:

Cheers4

HSL
03-31-2012, 10:32 PM,
It is a free world... Don't like it here? Establish a site of your own! I like the spirit.

I am staying here though. Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-31-2012, 11:57 PM,
Petri,

I think most would have concerns about the secrecy of any new club.
If you are proud of what you do why hide your name behind a cloak of mystery?

Here at The Blitz, and all of the other gaming clubs I have seen, the names of the owners are listed. The server info is not blocked. And, the club rejects people for cheating or being "generally obnoxious" (dismissing after proof of cheating or the inability to be civil). The Blitz has rules that govern all equally (if equally and fairly dispensed by the officers entrusted with it)?
The new club has a "dictator" that hides behind a cloak of arrogance, choosing who is good enough to belong, and depends on himself to "rule" with no rules other than what he "feels" will be the rules?

Ivan was refused membership based on what? What was written on another club's forum. What rule could he have broken? Was posting at another club "un-gentlemanly"? Did "The Master" sit among the inner circle and titter over the rejection of Ivan? LOL! TEEHEE

Here, "gentlemen" abide by rules and can have heated discussion. There "gentlemen" can only discuss under the watchful eye of the "dictator", with the implication that heat may be "un-gentlemanly", and the member be dismissed or rejected at his whim.

I think The Blitz has a fine balance.
I'm all for new clubs that offer many the right to belong and help grow the games they support.
I am against exclusive clubs that set a higher bar than they should, based upon the whim of the one who created it.
It is kind of like a religious cult. All eyes and attention fixed on the leader. Follow the cult leader, obey him, and the "cool aid" will come only much later. Crazy
I'm not against the new club. I'm just against the way it is being set up.

Here, at The Blitz, all eyes are focused on the gaming. It is a gaming club after all?

cheers

HSL
(My name is Ed and it is included in my profile. Most honest members have their names listed, including the officers of the club?)
04-01-2012, 04:12 AM,
I checked it out just to see what is was.

After I started getting email from "The Master", I said, "see ya"!!

IMHO, seemed like someone's ego trip.

All hail The Blitz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Send this user an email
04-01-2012, 08:43 AM,
To each his own. There is plenty of room for multiple gaming clubs on the internet. I wish the new site good luck in their endeavors.

From experience, it takes dedicated volunteers, some money and lots of work. Many come and many fade away, but luckily we've always been able to keep a dedicated crew together to keep the lights on. Once that is in place it takes time for the players (the heart of the club) to assemble in sufficient numbers to give a steady flow of new opponents.

I'm just glad that we've been open for so long, despite the ups and downs of life. People come and people go, and on occasion they return. Its all good.

Regards,

Jim
04-02-2012, 09:29 PM,
Perhaps it's not a bad idea to have a bit of variety and what harm can it do to have another wargame site

Gordon:)
04-03-2012, 02:44 AM,
GordonHQ.
No one said that there should not be another gaming club. Or, even that it would be bad to have one.
Some (including me) have objected to the way the club is set up and the "rule" that abides there.

I wish them well. I hope it works out for them.

cheers

HSL