• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Squad Battles - Is it for me?
03-28-2012, 09:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2012, 09:58 PM by Kool Kat.)
RE: Squad Battles - Is it for me?
Gents: Smoke7

I've decided on Red Victory as my (first?) Squad Battles purchase! Big Grin2

Will be ordering the game at the end of this week from NWS.

Per Chad's excellent suggestions... I also checked eBay... did find some SB RV games for sale... placed a bid... only to discover that the "seller" was NWS! Yikes

I also have been reading up in the SB Important Threads section... and discovered a source for an online SB user manual HERE.

Will be reaching out to some of the vets shortly to help me get through boot camp... and "indoctrinated" into the SB system :)
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2012, 10:46 PM,
Is it just me, or do you guys also smell "fresh chum" in the water? Big Laugh

Shark
03-28-2012, 11:01 PM,
(03-28-2012, 10:46 PM)Compass Rose Wrote: Is it just me, or do you guys also smell "fresh chum" in the water? Big Laugh

Shark

Gents: Smoke7

Shark2

I remember when I first started with Campaign Series (CS) several years ago. The first 6 games played were really bad losses... but a few vets took me under their wings... showed me some successful tactics... and even settled for a few "Draws" against me... to help with me learning the basics.

I'm sure SB will have a fairly steep learning curve... but I'll stick it out... and try to improve each game.

BTW... the SB forums seem to be "friendly" and "helpful" without a lot of the "drama" that is associated with (cough) other Blitz forums? Idea2
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-28-2012, 11:05 PM,
Welcome aboard. Being newbie in a game is always tough. But dont worry, I have been part of dozens of forums for different wargames. I have never seen the comradeship of this forum anywhere. Even in Blitz other forums are loaded with sharks. Probabaly because SB has a comparatively small and dedicated community, I dont know, but I always feel myself at home here.
03-28-2012, 11:07 PM,
Glad to see you selected a very good title to start off playing in the SB series. :)

03-28-2012, 11:16 PM,
(03-28-2012, 11:05 PM)Ozgur Budak Wrote: Welcome aboard. Being newbie in a game is always tough. But dont worry, I have been part of dozens of forums for different wargames. I have never seen the comradeship of this forum anywhere. Even in Blitz other forums are loaded with sharks. Probabaly because SB has a comparatively small and dedicated community, I dont know, but I always feel myself at home here.

That's because we are all afraid of you.

;)

I do agree with Oz. This community is a pretty tight knit one, filled with a lot of veterans and some really good new guys as well. Any questions regarding tactics, game-play, etc, fire away here on the boards. You'll have plenty of guys throwing in their $0.02. Do a search of the boards as well. Lots of tactics conversations have been had over the years....

Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
03-29-2012, 10:10 AM,
Welcome aboard

I would also concur with Oz and Alan's assessment, this ladder and forum has always had a close comradeship, one of perks of being a smaller community

244 games with legend that is Richie61
03-29-2012, 10:11 PM,
Welcome to the suck :-)

'Pedites Pugnas Decernent'