• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Attention Opponents of Medic21
03-17-2012, 11:19 PM,
b_Exclamation Mark  Attention Opponents of Medic21
Medic21 is no longer a member of the Blitz.

If you are currently an opponent of Medic21, you have authority to record your PBEM game(s) against him as completed and claim the appropriate victory level.

If you have any problems in recording your game(s), please feel free to ask a moderator who oversees the appropriate ladder.
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2012, 06:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2012, 07:14 AM by burroughs.)
RE: Attention Opponents of Medic21
Thanks for the head-ups,but I am having second thoughts about it: I had discussed everything with the guy prior to launching the operation as the IDF side,my usual way of doing things, then set it up and started hostilities, but the guy never returned his turn nor answered my inquiry.All I got after I have found a replacement was a kind of a flame,but that doesn't matter. The point I am making is that it was actually a forfeit victory ,much the way we can report that at TOAW III ladder, but here all I have is to pick various levels of victory so I went for major, but ... come on, the guy had never exchanged a single shot,volley or salvo with my forces.

The guy went into some sort of trouble, that's a pity people get themselves knocked out and kicked out that way, but even having fun with others require a certain level of maturity and resposnibility and the Blitz members are the finest bunch in that regard. We need to set some standards and stick to them. Thank You very much for taking care of it in the world of s**t.
03-20-2012, 06:45 AM,
No problem, i am sorry you lost your game, your opponent was guilty of asking for multiple games on multiple ladders and then dropping them, this had been going on over a extended period of time, when he was confronted about his behaviour his attitude made it clear that he could no longer remain at the club.

We only use the ban as a last resort and we do try to work with difficult members to attempt to help them see the error of there ways, but the Blitz community is just a reflection of communities everywhere who all have individuals who cannot abide by rules laid down for everyones benefit.
03-20-2012, 09:28 AM,
(03-20-2012, 06:45 AM)Foul. Wrote: No problem, i am sorry you lost your game, your opponent was guilty of asking for multiple games on multiple ladders and then dropping them, this had been going on over a extended period of time, when he was confronted about his behaviour his attitude made it clear that he could no longer remain at the club.

We only use the ban as a last resort and we do try to work with difficult members to attempt to help them see the error of there ways, but the Blitz community is just a reflection of communities everywhere who all have individuals who cannot abide by rules laid down for everyones benefit.

as a beginner at panzer campaigns it is very tempting to take on one of the large battles....i stay to the smaller and med size ones...but as i have learned it is not as easy to play several games at once....i must admit i have lost tracked a couple of times...now i have a cheat sheet i use to keep track of my 2 games i am playing.i mark it when i get the move and again when i send mine.

for you vets any tips you give is very helpfull to us green troops.
:whis:
03-20-2012, 10:11 AM,
I have lost track as to who's turn it is more times than I can remember. Rolling Eyes

One helpful tool I started using a few months ago is found in the email program I use. To the left of my email titles, I am able to place a star or a icon in from of the email title, in several different colors. I decided to use the same colored star for just my PBEM games. By using the same color all of the time, I can easily pick out my PBEM games out of the rest of my emails. So now I don't have to waste time scrolling through a ton of emails trying to locate my PBEM emails and overlooking some of them.

If you find yourself wondering "is it my turn, or his", don't ever hesitate to send a email to your opponent asking who turn is it. It normally doesn't take too long to start noticing a trend in the amount of time it takes your opponent to send back a turn. If he is "over due" send an friendly email. You may even surprise yourself in finding out that you actually own the turn!:)
03-20-2012, 05:31 PM,
Gentelmen, believeit or not, but I am handling some over 20 scenarios played simultaneously, off at least three game systems - and more at times- and actually the only problem here is that I seem more often than it used to be in the past lagging behind my ususl turn rate which is now struggling to be "a turn every four days back and up to roughly tow turnsper week" so as to saty true to my Blitz profile and not to mislead my opponents.

Indeed You need a smart e-mail address account that does not overload Your inbox with tons of spam, then be able to prioritize and mark messages.Then it's up to You once the technical issues are solved - as Sun Tzu puts that: the better general is the one who makes moe calcultions prior to a battle and not during the battle - I have never lost rack of what is going on in each of my respective AOs or what my tactical / operational / strategic objectives are, but surely I am solely to blame of all the shortcomings of wy way of waging warfare.

But I have neither vanished nor dropped the game because the odds were infavorablefor my side.

As Lt Col Moore, the commander of the 1/7th Cav in the Ia Drang valley battle wrote in his book " We Were Soldiers ...":

" ... Hate the war,love the Blitz warrior. ... " ... or something.
03-21-2012, 07:02 AM,
(03-20-2012, 10:11 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: If you find yourself wondering "is it my turn, or his", don't ever hesitate to send a email to your opponent asking who turn is it. It normally doesn't take too long to start noticing a trend in the amount of time it takes your opponent to send back a turn. If he is "over due" send an friendly email. You may even surprise yourself in finding out that you actually own the turn!
Excellent advice and i have had to do this many times, as part of the friendly message i always make it clear that i am not chasing my opponent for a move at a time they might be busy with RL, i am just trying to find out who goes next! :)
03-21-2012, 12:23 PM,
(03-21-2012, 07:02 AM)Foul. Wrote:
(03-20-2012, 10:11 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: If you find yourself wondering "is it my turn, or his", don't ever hesitate to send a email to your opponent asking who turn is it. It normally doesn't take too long to start noticing a trend in the amount of time it takes your opponent to send back a turn. If he is "over due" send an friendly email. You may even surprise yourself in finding out that you actually own the turn!
Excellent advice and i have had to do this many times, as part of the friendly message i always make it clear that i am not chasing my opponent for a move at a time they might be busy with RL, i am just trying to find out who goes next! :)

Not to mention that the internet basically works by magic, and magic is notoriously unreliable, so once in a great while a turn goes into a cybernetic blackhole. I figure if an unusual lag occurs without prior warning, a polite no-worry-no-hurry inquiry is in order. Helmet Wink