• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WF: Breakout at Benicourt - Balance Issues?
03-25-2012, 04:27 AM,
RE: WF: Breakout at Benicourt - Balance Issues?
(03-25-2012, 02:57 AM)Cam Wrote: Another way to look at things, which the stats don't show, is how the scenario was played. For instance EA on or off. I recently played a scenario with EA on that changed everything ! Also I pretty much played Benicourt blind, as did my opponent.
For thought
Cam

Very true Cam! :)

In fact, all of my test games versus Erik... were performed with EA = ON.

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2012, 06:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-26-2012, 07:38 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
(03-25-2012, 03:42 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: Nobody has accused anyone of "attacks" in this thread? Again, we are referencing a scenario that has ONLY 5 recorded games (3x Allied wins / 2 Axis wins). IMO, more games need to be played before ANY conclusions on balance can be made.

I did not say anyone did or even would.
I put it in a disclaimer based on the past history of some members.
You read more into it than I meant?

Where we differ is I see 3 Allied wins and 1 Axis win against relatively equal opponents. It's in the stats.

(03-25-2012, 02:57 AM)Cam Wrote: Another way to look at things, which the stats don't show, is how the scenario was played. For instance EA on or off. I recently played a scenario with EA on that changed everything ! Also I pretty much played Benicourt blind, as did my opponent.
For thought
Cam

And, EA on is a factor. Sad but true.
The description states "[All: Optional EA: No VV]". If EA was such a factor (or could be the factor in balance) maybe it should be EA - ON?
If I remember correctly we were told that the final play tests with Kool Kat and Hawk were with EA on?
EA is such a game changer that, if not designed properly, the scenario can be grossly effected by not having it on? Players should be warned to use it?

I think that EA is such a game changer that unless it can be shown when a scenario is played with it, on or off, all the scenario data will be moot.

cheers

HSL

03-26-2012, 10:18 PM,
(03-25-2012, 04:27 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: In fact, all of my test games versus Erik... were performed with EA = ON.

That is correct all of the playtesting I did was with EA on.

So my comments with regards to balance are with that factored in.

Thanx!

Hawk
03-27-2012, 07:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2012, 07:52 AM by Kool Kat.)
Gents: Smoke7

Many thanks to all players who contributed to this thread! Cheers3

I guess we all just need to wait for more game results to be recorded? Idea2

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-27-2012, 10:47 AM,
(03-27-2012, 07:16 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents: Smoke7
I guess we all just need to wait for more game results to be recorded? Idea2

Is this an attempt to stifle discourse on the subject of whether your scenario is balanced using EA on or not? Dont Know
How about having some of the players who have reported the game let us know if EA was on or not?

If other results do not show if EA was used or not what do you, or will you, discern from any posted result? Read

I can transport a car across country on a flatbed and then drive it a few miles to my destination. But, I cannot claim the car got 5000 miles to the gallon if I calculate all the miles, including the miles during the time it was on the flatbed? Confused

Cheers4

HSL