• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help with firing smoke
03-14-2012, 09:23 AM,
c_Question Mark  Help with firing smoke
I am trying to get up to speed on the new CS Program after an absence of 8 years. I have run into a problem trying to have a mortar fire smoke. The info box says it has smoke. I tried using the Alt Key as the manual suggests, but it did not work. Could someone tell me what the procdure is to fire smoke? Thanks
Ivan/Shep!The "HOG Ranger and Balkan Warrior" Still Riding the "Winds of Change" on the Dubrovnik Front!
Quote this message in a reply
03-14-2012, 09:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-14-2012, 09:50 AM by Kool Kat.)
RE: Help with firing smoke
Hey Shep: Smoke7

Select the artillery gun... hold down the alt key... move the cursor to where you want to deliver the smoke round... than click the right mouse button to mark a smoke barrage. :)

You can also click the "U" button to see the available number of smoke rounds... and to confirm that you toggled it correctly to fire the smoke round.

User Manual pg 41 "Laying Smoke" also gives instructions on smoke ammunition.

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-14-2012, 10:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-14-2012, 10:25 AM by PawelM.)

.png   mortar.png (Size: 36.32 KB / Downloads: 6)

I found some mortars (I think 60mm) are not capable of firing smoke. You can check if unit is capable of firing smoke by clicking on it. If in the lower left corner you can see white/grey-ish smoke ball then the unit can lay smoke (I hope it is visible in the image attached). I found that if the mortars cannot lay smoke the error message is somewhere along the lines you quoted. So it seems to me this particular mortat unit was not capable of firing smoke shells.

...And of course as Mr. KK said you need to have smoke available and number of smoke shells varies from scenario to scenario and often is 0.
03-15-2012, 03:49 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Help with firing smoke Thanks!
Works like a charm! Thanks for the help! I am working my way through Boot Camp to get some of the basics down again. Then I will play some battles against the A/I so I can learn to "Shoot, Move, and Communcate" again as well. Once I am "Back in the Saddle", I'll come up on the Net for a battle or two! :) Have a great day!
Ivan/Shep!The "HOG Ranger and Balkan Warrior" Still Riding the "Winds of Change" on the Dubrovnik Front!
03-15-2012, 08:49 AM,
Welcome back, man!!

Mike
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/