• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Battle of Angaur Island
03-03-2012, 11:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012, 11:55 PM by Ashcloud.)
Battle of Angaur Island
Hi All,

I have just finished play testing Battle of Angaur Island (Version 1.1) and had a great time.

The Americans land on Angaur Island on the only serviceable beaches possible and then face a daunting run through the jungle on 2 pathways to try and reach the vp hexes on the other side of the island. The pathways have a couple of bunkers and provide good jungle cover for the Japanese to really delay the Americans and slowly grind them down on their slog through the jungle with hit-and-run tactics.

A fantastic map, and a real opportunity to hone your jungle fighting technique - find an opponent, go to the H2H section and register a test.

Kudos to Kool Kat on this design.

Regards,
Ash
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2012, 11:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012, 02:06 AM by Kool Kat.)
RE: Battle of Angaur Island
Thanks Ashley! Smoke7

I'm enjoying our test game too!

Looking forward to switching sides... and giving it another "go!" Mex Big Grin
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-10-2012, 11:05 PM,
RE: Battle of Angaur Island
Gents: Smoke7

And for a real "change of pace" from my Rising Sun "Sorrow on Saipan" scenario... you should take my "The Battle of Angaur Island" out for a test drive! :jeep:

Mobility and maneuver will win the day in this scenario versus a slug up a big hill! Yikes

You may download the files and register for a test game HERE.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email