• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Top Gun
07-21-2012, 09:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012, 06:50 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
RE: Top Gun
Seat One German Major
A) Theova 5 pts
B) Oberst 1 pt

Seat Two Allied Minor
A) Ed 2 pts
B) Schwerpunkt75 4 pts

Seat Three
A) Larry Reese
B) Vincent

Seat Four German Major
A) XLVIII Pz. Korp 5 pts
B) Otto von Blotto 1 pt

Seat Five Allied Minor
A) Deutscher Landser 2 pts
B) Bioman 4 pts

Seat Six Allied Major
A) Tiger 88 1 pt
B) PawelM 5 pts

Seat Seven
A) ernst
B) Rupert

Seat Eight German Major
A) Mike Abberton 5 pts
B) Big Dawg 1 pt

"A" goes first.

Gentlemen,

The selected scenario is, When Big Cats Come to Play. Twelve turn West Front scenario and has the high in "entertainment" & "balance" ratings.
The deadline is September 29th. Twelve turns ... ten weeks.

If we finish sooner we will start Round Two - Game Two sooner.

Good luck.

Ed
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2012, 09:01 AM,
E-mails all sent. Farmer
I can't wait to see some of these results. Pop Corn

Note: It looks like Top Gun will extend into next year, unless the world ends in December. Twilight Zone

Drink Smoke

HSL
08-07-2012, 04:43 AM,
I am dropping out of the tourney!
08-07-2012, 08:07 AM,
Gosh Steve.
Thanks a lot. Confused

According to the tourney rules, PawelM can claim his victory. Read

Any one else want, or need, to drop out to balance out the end of the final round? SOS Please send me an e-mail and not post it here. Mail

Cheers2

HSL
08-07-2012, 08:47 AM,
Gosh Ed.... do you really want to do this inside the blitz? Grow up!
08-07-2012, 09:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2012, 06:48 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
You posted on the forum? Idea
I responded as the tourney meister.

The tourney rules are clear? Idea2
You could have sent me an e-mail?
You chose the forums ... twice? Idea2

I will post up the rules again, for all to read.

Pickles

HSL
08-08-2012, 02:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2012, 06:46 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
Since we had an unfortunate drop out, I wanted to once again highlight the rules of the tournament.

Club Rules

Rule #20
Tournaments

Each Ladder sponsors periodic tournaments. The Tourney Master establishes any specific parameters not contained in the established club rules, including prizes, bonus points, and any specific tourney badges.

All ladder members are welcome to play, as long as they meet the tournament parameters.

Although the Tourney Masters establish the general rules that guide play for their respective tournaments, regular club rules, ie. cheating, discontinuing, etc. will still apply and all infractions will be referred to the Ladder Commanders for review.

Players who sign up should make themselves aware of the tournaments theme, parameters, and commit themselves to the entire length of the tourney, players who simply disappear without explanation risk being excluded from future Tourney's.

Tournament Specific Rules:

Section I
Tournament Parameters

* The tournament is set up in three rounds of two scenarios each. The first two rounds will be in "round robin style". Players will be paired off based on their win/loss ratios. Winners of the first round play the winners of the comparable win/loss ratio from the first round. Losers play the losers in highest to lowest win/loss pairings.

* In the first two rounds points would be awarded for each game as follows;
Major win - 5 points
Minor win - 4 points
Draw - 3 points
Minor loss - 2 points
Major loss - 1 point

Note: In addition to the above points, the players will report the games as normal played games. So there will be winners and losers as well as points to gain for future placement.

* Players are expected to complete two to three turns per week. The selected scenarios have between ten and twenty turns each. Slow play and 'disappearances' will not be tolerated. If you have a problem during the tournament make sure that you contact the tourney meisters and your opponent. If a workable solution cannot be found to resolve the problem then your opponent will receive a victory of the highest order. [In the unlikely case of this happening the highest seeded loser will be selected to balance the tourney as it moves into the next round (unless it is the fourth match/game two of the second round.]

* The four players with the highest point total advance to the final round. They will be seeded by their point totals. Ties, in total points, will be broken by their win/loss percentage [ladder not tourney].

* The final round will be an 'elimination' round. In the final round the four top players will be paired by their tourney point totals, as listed above, highest to lowest. Winners move on to the final scenario. The winner of the final match will be crowned "Top Gun" and receive a badge and one hundred Ladder points.

* No units can be removed from the map.
* Non-combat transport units cannot be used to surround, block movement, block line of sight, or perform "recon" duties.
* ROE's not covered by the parameters and in the ROE rules section should be discussed with your opponent prior to play.
* Combat Ht ROE's should be discussed by the players prior to starting a game.
* Infractions, during the tournament, will be decided upon by the tourney meisters. Their word will be final.

* Tourney Meisters are Raven, T Mould, and Herr Straße Läufer.

Sorry to see Steve quit. It will unbalance the second round - game two pool of players.
The players who agreed to participate were all that qualified to participate. There is no bench to go to.
Therefore, I have to find a participant who wants to drop out to balance the tournament.
Or, if everyone is a go, as you should be, I will take over Steve's spot and complete Round Two - Game Two against whomever his opponent will be.

As you can see from the above tourney rules, we have one more scenario to play before final elimination will pit the four top players against each other to determine who is Top Gun.

cheers

HSL

08-09-2012, 06:59 PM,
Big Dawg has withdrawn from the tournament.

Top Gun will continue with one less seating.

Buds

HSL
08-11-2012, 10:30 PM,
Germans 3
Allies 1

Yikes! Eek

Cheers3

HSL
09-05-2012, 07:00 AM,