• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

leaders under fire :)
01-24-2013, 01:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2013, 01:34 PM by John Given.)
RE: leaders under fire :)
Maybe, just maybe, we will introduce a Halftrack Leader to next release of EF:FB

Oh hell yes! That would be really cool. No one seemed interested when I suggested a 'recon halftrack' (I believe it's the model pictured above actually), so this is a pretty good alterative - a very good alternative actually.

And, I mentioned to Jason a while back the need for amphibious shwimmwagen vehicles for German officers - so keep your fingers crossed on that as well.

One thing I want to mention. You technically have a 5% chance to kill a commander if you shoot at him, but in my experience this is only true if he's stacked with another unit. BUT,

a. It seems the game program only 'dices' for this once in a while - notice when you attack a hex with a commander that sometimes you see the 'no effect' TWICE when your machine gunner (or whatever) shoots into the hex. Often, it seems to be the second shot the hex is attacked that turn I see the message, and then every third shot after that (roughly - I've never tried to figure out exactly how often I see the 'doubled' message). And I only mention all this because commanders *seem* to die much less often than one shot in twenty. However...

b. When a commander is alone, I can often kill him with a single shot - IF I use a whole truck-load worth of firepower. For example, if an enemy commander is in LOS of my artillery, I can often kill him with a single shot - sometimes two. It would seem that the commander does have a defense factor of sorts, that can be overcome with a suitable application of ordnance.

Just my observations from 12 years of play.
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 03:51 PM,
(01-24-2013, 09:34 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: If it can spot.........it should be able to get shot :-)...........or as the old war adage goes.."If you can see your enemy; your enemy can see you"

VE

Indeed, and as I found out he can be killed in quite many ways.

Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-24-2013, 04:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2013, 07:29 PM by Crossroads.)
(01-24-2013, 01:31 PM)John Given Wrote: Oh hell yes! That would be really cool.

Yes it would, wouldn't it Helmet Smile

Not promising anything, but... So much fun stuff to do, so little time!

(01-24-2013, 01:31 PM)John Given Wrote: ...
Just my observations from 12 years of play.

Yes, curious little buggers, they are. Maybe it is a zen thing, bit like EA. Once you truly believe you can get a result, then you often do Helmet Wink
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-24-2013, 04:49 PM,
But still cannot be retreated. I do not know how about other members here, but I had numerous instances when I was trying to killthis spotting lone little bugger only to my frustration. You cannot even force him to retreat .
Halftrack commanders LOL :) this can certainly become a 'hot' topic :)
01-24-2013, 06:07 PM,
Pawel, they die alright. I can send you my little test scenario if you're interested to see how it plays out. It requires the EF:FB mod to be installed but since you've already got it it should not be a problem.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-27-2013, 09:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2013, 12:38 AM by Crossroads.)
Here's the tests I did in more detail, one of the posts discusses the spotted leaders thing:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid372409
Visit us at CSLegion.com