• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Removing units from map
02-24-2012, 07:59 PM,
Removing units from map
I’ve played a scenario with Exit Victory Location (Mirror Game), and that gave me an idea. Shouldn’t removing units from the map cost some Action Points (100 or much more than 50%)? That would make this ‘maneuver’ more ... considered(?) rather than one wave in the last turn (what me and my opponent both did).
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2012, 08:37 PM,
RE: Removing units from map
Why should it cost more than the terrain the units are moving into?
Yes, it is an exit hex, but, it is still only terrain on the non map side. Farmer

Creating an artificial impediment to moving units off map would break "realism" and scale. Successfully defending exit hexes is more real than adding penalties to movement? Idea2

Cheers5

HSL

02-25-2012, 12:39 AM,
True I've exaggerated, but is shouldn't be for free.
02-25-2012, 12:45 AM,
(02-25-2012, 12:39 AM)von Manstein Wrote: True I've exaggerated, but is shouldn't be for free.

The last hex on the map has the exit points, that's where you get them, reaching it = points, just like any other vp hex. The virtual hex off the map is irrelevant. That it shouldn't be for free is in your mind, I don't see any reason whatsoever.

Huib
02-25-2012, 01:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-25-2012, 01:40 AM by von Manstein.)
(02-25-2012, 12:45 AM)Huib Versloot Wrote:
(02-25-2012, 12:39 AM)von Manstein Wrote: True I've exaggerated, but is shouldn't be for free.

The last hex on the map has the exit points, that's where you get them, reaching it = points, just like any other vp hex. The virtual hex off the map is irrelevant. That it shouldn't be for free is in your mind, I don't see any reason whatsoever.

Huib

Well...Exit points are for 'exit' the map not reaching the edge :) that's why it's has 'Exit' in name. But it's just me and my precise, "fussy" about details mind. Crazy

That's why I think to exit the map you should have enough AP to move one more hex beyond the map.
02-25-2012, 01:55 AM,
(02-25-2012, 01:39 AM)von Manstein Wrote: Well...Exit points are for 'exit' the map not reaching the edge :) that's why it's has 'Exit' in name. But it's just me and my precise, "fussy" about details mind. Crazy

That's why I think to exit the map you should have enough AP to move one more hex beyond the map.

I see it as a virtual movement. The goal is reached when you enter the hex. It's an abstraction any which way you look at it. In theory units, just off the map may could also still be in range of enemy guns. Where does one stop, being "precise".

:)
02-25-2012, 04:19 PM,
Leave all those units out in the open where I can see them. I will remove them from the map for you, at no charge to your action points.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
02-25-2012, 07:08 PM,
Looks like a bargain