• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help - Problems with Divided Ground and Nam Mod
02-24-2012, 04:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2012, 05:03 PM by Ashcloud.)
Help - Problems with Divided Ground and Nam Mod
I recently got my hands on Divided Ground and have been looking forward to playing the Nam Mod - after doing the full installation (can someone not please put all the needed files in one zipped folder in the right order so we need only download one zip and not 19) - anyway, now when I launch the game I get to choose the scenario but as the main game launches it says it can't find the cd in the cd drive but it is in there. Anyone have a clue as to what I can do to get it to work?

Lastly, in the list of CS games to play on the Blitz why does it have Divided Ground as a Matrix version when Matrix did not release it and the only versions I can find are the old Talonsoft versions?

All help in this regard will be most appreciated.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2012, 08:27 PM,
RE: Help - Problems with Divided Ground and Nam Mod
(02-24-2012, 04:58 PM)Ashcloud Wrote: anyway, now when I launch the game I get to choose the scenario but as the main game launches it says it can't find the cd in the cd drive but it is in there. Anyone have a clue as to what I can do to get it to work?

Lastly, in the list of CS games to play on the Blitz why does it have Divided Ground as a Matrix version when Matrix did not release it and the only versions I can find are the old Talonsoft versions?

Ash, all the old Talonsoft games required the CD to be in the drive to play the game. The computer references files from the CD. Leave it in and play to your hearts content. Angel

When Matrix bought the Tiller CS series they realized that DG was seriously flawed and that is why Jason and crew are developing Modern Wars.

Here, at the Blitz, one of the club's officers went ahead and just named all the old Talonsoft titles as Matrix JTCS. It's confusing but not so much? Batman Confused

When it comes out, Modern Wars will have it's own scenario section. (I guess.) Farmer

Cheers2

HSL

02-24-2012, 08:30 PM,
Did the game play before you modded it? Try uninstalling everything, then try the game as is out of the box, without the VN mod. If that works, then it is something with the mod. I will need to look at my install of it to see what it could be. Didn't think the mod changed anything though, exe's, but if placed right in overwriting the originals, it should be fine?

Mike
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
02-24-2012, 08:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2012, 08:36 PM by Ashcloud.)
(02-24-2012, 08:30 PM)Warhorse Wrote: Did the game play before you modded it? Try uninstalling everything, then try the game as is out of the box, without the VN mod. If that works, then it is something with the mod. I will need to look at my install of it to see what it could be. Didn't think the mod changed anything though, exe's, but if placed right in overwriting the originals, it should be fine?

Mike

Hi Mike,

It played fine before the mod and before the 1.02 patch - now it does not play from either install (I did one install for DG and another for the Nam). Maybe the patch? The cd is in the drive. Should I try the 1.04 patch instead? I will uninstall everything again and see at what point it stops working...

(02-24-2012, 08:27 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 04:58 PM)Ashcloud Wrote: anyway, now when I launch the game I get to choose the scenario but as the main game launches it says it can't find the cd in the cd drive but it is in there. Anyone have a clue as to what I can do to get it to work?

Ash, all the old Talonsoft games required the CD to be in the drive to play the game. The computer references files from the CD. Leave it in and play to your hearts content. Angel

When Matrix bought the Tiller CS series they realized that DG was seriously flawed and that is why Jason and crew are developing Modern Wars.

Here, at the Blitz, one of the club's officers went ahead and just named all the old Talonsoft titles as Matrix JTCS. It's confusing but not so much? Batman Confused

When it comes out, Modern Wars will have it's own scenario section. (I guess.) Farmer

Cheers2

HSL

The cd is in the drive.
Send this user an email
02-24-2012, 08:44 PM,
Sorry I could not be of help. Dont Know
I'm waiting for Modern Wars (if I live that long). Waiting

At least I will not be frustrated by having to jump through all the hoops of the DG/VN mod issues.
Then again I could not get the KW or Katilan mods to work either. dizzy

Too many hoops and not enough, computer savvy, patience, ... or time. :angry4:

Buds

HSL
02-24-2012, 10:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-25-2012, 12:02 AM by Ashcloud.)
(02-24-2012, 08:44 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Sorry I could not be of help. Dont Know
I'm waiting for Modern Wars (if I live that long). Waiting

At least I will not be frustrated by having to jump through all the hoops of the DG/VN mod issues.
Then again I could not get the KW or Katilan mods to work either. dizzy

Too many hoops and not enough, computer savvy, patience, ... or time. :angry4:

Buds

HSL

No problem, I can't wait for MW - feels like it is taking forever.

I got the KW and Katilan to work and the Cold War German one (which is fantastic just German) - can't figure it out yet...

I have however uninstalled everything and re-installed DG from the disc and it works fine, played through a bootcamp no problem. I will now install the first patch 1.02 and see if it still works (this time I will make a clean install folder and see if it saves me some time - and see if it works when I need it).

Ok, it seems to be a problem with the 1.02 patch - installed it and same problem not finding the cd in the drive. Will the Nam Mod work without it? I am going to try the 1.04 patch next...

Ok, it seems DG_1_04v(9-16-04).zip is fine - all still working. Now I will start on the Nam stuff...

Anyone else have these problems with 1.02?

Wow, that was a lot of work but it is working - finally I got the Nam Mod working, now to go and get some scenarios...

Thanks for the help guys.
Send this user an email
02-25-2012, 07:41 AM,
Hey Ash,

I was working on converting his mod to English, just a lot of work, the worst is the menu screens, since I don't have the templates, I was just using some I made, which isn't fair to Stefan, being his mod!! Stefan, do you happen to have blank BMP's of your in-game menus??!! I would like to get this done, eventually!

Mike
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
02-25-2012, 07:32 PM,
(02-25-2012, 07:41 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Hey Ash,

I was working on converting his mod to English, just a lot of work, the worst is the menu screens, since I don't have the templates, I was just using some I made, which isn't fair to Stefan, being his mod!! Stefan, do you happen to have blank BMP's of your in-game menus??!! I would like to get this done, eventually!

Mike

Hi Mike,

That would be fantastic, look forward to it.

Regards,
Ash
Send this user an email