• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need help with Russian (not game related)
02-21-2012, 04:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2012, 10:16 PM by Kool Kat.)
Off Topic  Need help with Russian (not game related)
Greetings all,

any of you speak Russian? I'm good with English, Spanish, and German, passable with Japanese, but my Russian is not up to snuff. I need to know how to pronounce the following:

мальчик тупого ишака милый

Many thanks if you can help out.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2012, 04:20 PM,
RE: Need help with Russian (not game related)
(02-21-2012, 04:17 PM)Larry Reese Wrote: Greetings all,

any of you speak Russian? I'm good with English, Spanish, and German, passable with Japanese, but my Russian is not up to snuff. I need to know how to pronounce the following:

мальчик тупого ишака милый

Many thanks if you can help out.

LR

I don't know how to say it but Google translates it as: dumb ass cute boy.

What you up to Larry ;)
Send this user an email
02-21-2012, 06:10 PM,
Need for one of my books - colloquial euphemism, more along the lines of "dumb ass pretty boy!" LOL, though it does sound pretty funny divorced from context!

I like Babelfish for translation myself. Pretty amazing stuff really - when I was a boy this type of even simple writing translator was the stuff of Star Trek. And here, my sons and daughter will grow up in a world where they will never know a time without the internet, or smart phones. Remember when driving 500 miles meant being out of communication for the whole day? While we're getting a great deal from these technologies, might we also be giving some things up, too?

I digress. Again.

LR

02-22-2012, 02:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 02:49 AM by Skryabin.)
It doesn't make any sence in russian as you wrote it in kirilitsa. My english is not too good Rolling Eyes But if you explain the meaning and context, I can try to think about some similar russian saying.
02-22-2012, 11:47 AM,
Growing up as a boy and teenager in the '60's and early '70's w/o the net or a phone gives me a fantastic edge on the kids of today if the grid would be lost. I can live without computers, phones and electricty for a while at least. Probably a lot longer than most young kids would think.

I can eat out of a can and put an extra blanket on the bed.
As for wargaming I would have to go back to Panzerblitz/ PanzerLeader by candle light;) and a pack of Salem gold 100's

For those of you that keep the electric grid going, don't loose it any time soon...
JTCS hangs in the balanceCheers6

Ivan the Big:smoke2:
02-22-2012, 03:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 03:42 PM by Larry Reese.)
(02-22-2012, 02:37 AM)Skryabin Wrote: It doesn't make any sence in russian as you wrote it in kirilitsa. My english is not too good Rolling Eyes But if you explain the meaning and context, I can try to think about some similar russian saying.

Thanks Skryabin, I appreciate it. Will send you an e-mail. And yes, the on line translators (into cyrillic) don't put out anything that makes sense.

LR

EDIT: I'llhave to send you an e-mail tomorrow. Even though I'm logged in and can post as myself I cannot access e-mails and such (and it says "Login" or "Signup" at the top of the page). Very weird. Sorry for the delay.

02-25-2012, 05:22 AM,
Once again, Dmitriy, thank you!

LR