• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Adding map image
02-20-2012, 07:18 AM,
Adding map image
I have read the instructions of how to add a map image to an AAR but unfortunately the system I am using does not coincide. Is there anyone who can asssit me? If so I will explain what I have.
Thanks, Gil
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2012, 07:24 AM,
RE: Adding map image
What's the problem, uploading it to the AAR or making the screen shot/saving it as jpeg...or both?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-20-2012, 09:24 AM,
(02-20-2012, 07:24 AM)Scud Wrote: What's the problem, uploading it to the AAR or making the screen shot/saving it as jpeg...or both?

Dave

I have created the image as a jpeg file and saved it but cannot upload to my AAR.
02-20-2012, 09:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-20-2012, 09:51 AM by Compass Rose.)
(02-20-2012, 09:24 AM)Oberst Wrote: I have created the image as a jpeg file and saved it but cannot upload to my AAR.

These two threads should help you post your pictures.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=58929

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=58852

02-20-2012, 10:22 AM,
OK, Gil, I'd never done it so had to do a little experimenting. Below the text box area where you put in all your text are four links: Media Upload, Media Browser, Youtube Video, and Smilies.

You need to upload the image to your personal area following the instructions Chad posted above. After you've done this, go back to your AAR and underneath the text box, click the Media Browser link. You will be presented with the images in your personal directory. Click on an image and the subsequent "insert code" link. The image code will appear wherever your cursor is.

By the way, if your browser blocks "pop-ups", clicking the "Media Browser" won't work. Either turn off the pop-up blocker or try holding down your control key when you click the link.

See if any of this helps and let us know.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-21-2012, 12:03 PM,
Dave, I have been able to upload the jpg files to my AAR but when I select them to look at they do not open. Is that because they are still within the AAR writeup?
(02-20-2012, 10:22 AM)Scud Wrote: OK, Gil, I'd never done it so had to do a little experimenting. Below the text box area where you put in all your text are four links: Media Upload, Media Browser, Youtube Video, and Smilies.

You need to upload the image to your personal area following the instructions Chad posted above. After you've done this, go back to your AAR and underneath the text box, click the Media Browser link. You will be presented with the images in your personal directory. Click on an image and the subsequent "insert code" link. The image code will appear wherever your cursor is.

By the way, if your browser blocks "pop-ups", clicking the "Media Browser" won't work. Either turn off the pop-up blocker or try holding down your control key when you click the link.

See if any of this helps and let us know.

Dave

02-21-2012, 01:32 PM,
Try using the venus code instead of the BB code and see what happens.
Send this user an email
02-21-2012, 11:45 PM,
Oberst,

I sent you an email

Mail
02-22-2012, 01:14 PM,
I want to thank everyone for their assistance. I have found and corrected the problem. The AAR should be complete in about 1-2 weeks.

Gil