• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F '14 Square infantry Divisions
03-25-2012, 11:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2012, 11:43 AM by FM WarB.)
F '14 Square infantry Divisions
Gents,

I am used to WW2 infantry triangular divisions of three regiments, each of three battalions.

How have you F '14 players been able to get the best use out of WW1 Square divisions of two brigades, each of two regiments, given the command situations and varying compositions of both armies?

As most Corps consist of two divisions, they are also "square."

It is tough to do the good ole WW2 two up, one back with these organizations.

What have you found to be the best way to employ these square divisions and corps in attack and defense, in the game?
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2012, 02:02 PM,
RE: F '14 Square infantry Divisions
I guess it is not true for all cases, but typically in WW1 the reserves were handled at the regimental/brigade level. The Germans, for example, usually had one battalion from each regiment on the front line, with the second regiment behind it to provide immediate support. The third battalion of each regiment was held in reserve to recover and used only in emergencies. Now how that translates into game terms, you could put four battalions in a brigade forward and two to the rear of those with the front four arrayed in depth or however someone wants to do it. I suppose that is a hint of the best way to employ the square divisions.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply