• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Understanding some movements
02-05-2012, 06:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2012, 12:30 PM by Haplo_Patryn.)
Understanding some movements
[Image: 2012-02-04_20-16-10.jpg]

Hi. I'm trying to explain in my forum (Puntadelanza) why the movement that one player is trying to order to his cavalry unit doesn't work and why the IA changes the path everytime. The blue arrow is the path the player wants to order to his unit but the game changes it and order it to move taking a different path.

I think the screenshot is clear enough to understand what i'm trying to ask here (left is what the player is ordering and right is what the IA do). Why?

Thank you.
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2012, 07:29 AM,
RE: Understanding some movements
[Image: 4fcf2cf64095.gif]
02-05-2012, 12:51 PM,
(02-05-2012, 07:29 AM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote: [Image: 4fcf2cf64095.gif]

I'm a moderator in a strategy spanish web and right now we have there a dedicated subforum about Ancient Warfare and we're organizing a League (Civil War&Gallic). Our Ancient Warfare's Comunity is growing every day. Some players are trying to understand better the rules of Ancient Warfare so I hope we would be able to find some answers here.

See you.

Haplo

02-05-2012, 02:27 PM,
I notified one of our AW experts telling them about your thread. Hopefully he will be able to respond to your questions in the very near future.
02-05-2012, 07:01 PM,
The player wishes to move 2 hexes but he has only issued 1 command so the computer AI only looks at the end target hex and chooses the lowest number of action points to get to the target hex. This sometimes results in the computer routing the unit along a path the player does not want. To avoid this it is necessary to place 2 commands. First command is the first hex the player wishes to move to and the second command is the second hex the unit is to reach. The AI then looks at the first command and completes that before attempting to move the unit to the second target hex. The player needs to use one command for each hex where there is a change in direction in the desired path. Players need to check the plotted move before ending their turn where the unit's path is critical to the desired result and ensure the AI has not changed the unit's path.
If further clarification or other questions need answering please raise them here and I will try to respond as soon as I can.
02-05-2012, 10:42 PM,
(02-05-2012, 07:01 PM)Leonadis Wrote: The player wishes to move 2 hexes but he has only issued 1 command so the computer AI only looks at the end target hex and chooses the lowest number of action points to get to the target hex. This sometimes results in the computer routing the unit along a path the player does not want. To avoid this it is necessary to place 2 commands. First command is the first hex the player wishes to move to and the second command is the second hex the unit is to reach. The AI then looks at the first command and completes that before attempting to move the unit to the second target hex. The player needs to use one command for each hex where there is a change in direction in the desired path. Players need to check the plotted move before ending their turn where the unit's path is critical to the desired result and ensure the AI has not changed the unit's path.
If further clarification or other questions need answering please raise them here and I will try to respond as soon as I can.

Very clear. Thank you very much :)