• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Xiron Mod
02-02-2012, 06:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2012, 06:20 PM by Wodin.)
RE: Xiron Mod
(01-31-2012, 10:31 AM)grofaz Wrote: What I am wondering now is why in the bloody hell HPS has not picked this guy up to do their crappy art. I guess the same goes to Battlefront and the awesome modding community.

grofaz..shameless plug..try my RV mod...you may like aswell...I'm biased but I prefer mine...IronX work is in there aswell just tweaked...plus you get alot of options...I've had very good comments so far.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/uyWeNqR5/Red_Victory.html

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2012, 12:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2012, 12:43 AM by grofaz.)
Yes I have it, excellent work Woodin! Actually yours is on a standalone copy of RV! (I have 5 installed with different mods) Thanks for your work.

I have a few pointers (Xiron mod):
1. There is an INFANTRY squad with what looks like artillerymen loading arty rounds...
2. There are several LEADER art that show a several men as opposed to 1.
3. There is a Panzerschrek, which looks cool but does no fit in the earlier scenarios.

A small problem that i have seen with most of the mods I have is that the "SELECTED shading" when highlighting selected units, are too light. There should be a clearer indicator of what units are being selected.

I dabble in PS so when I have some time I may fix this and post the addendum's. Then again it is not my work to begin with so I hope I don't piss off anyone if I decide to do it.

Cheers!

edit: Forgot to add that ALL these mods are most excellent, I am just pointing out a few things. Thanks to all the modders that take from their time to make our games look and play better!
'Pedites Pugnas Decernent'
02-03-2012, 12:53 AM,
Here is my shameless plug:
Use the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler and have one copy of RV or any Squad Battles series
and just "enable" the mod you want. I have Wodin's counters & Iron X's goodies all running
together! SWEET! :)

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=60807
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
02-03-2012, 01:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2012, 01:10 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
(01-31-2012, 10:31 AM)grofaz Wrote: What I am wondering now is why in the bloody hell HPS has not picked this guy up to do their crappy art. I guess the same goes to Battlefront and the awesome modding community.

He did work with the development team for a brief period.

Quote:I have a few pointers (Xiron mod):
1. There is an INFANTRY squad with what looks like artillerymen loading arty rounds...
2. There are several LEADER art that show a several men as opposed to 1.
3. There is a Panzerschrek, which looks cool but does no fit in the earlier scenarios.

The correct graphics only match up if you play the specific games where he modified the the OOBs to match his new artwork. Any other scenario that didn't have the OOB altered to match the images will have the counters potentially mis-matched because they are generated randomly by the game. It's really the only flaw in his setup, really. I'm surprised you haven't seen a counter that looks like a white X in the scenarios that aren't matched. His files have placeholders that are simply white X's, and they can and will show up on counters in the games occasionally.

His alias is IronX, by the way.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
02-03-2012, 01:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2012, 01:16 AM by Wodin.)
(02-03-2012, 12:53 AM)Richie61 Wrote: Here is my shameless plug:
Use the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler and have one copy of RV or any Squad Battles series
and just "enable" the mod you want. I have Wodin's counters & Iron X's goodies all running
together! SWEET! :)

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=60807

Richie just thought I'd tell you the normal\snow\soft\mud I use in the mod is iron X's..The terrain is a mix of lowlanders\Iron X and the new and excellent benpark urban mod (which has th best bigger buildings out in my opinion). The only thing is Iron X has a summer and winter version (which look cool, I just find one or two of his buildings clash with the others due to their art style. Other wise I'd use them, oh I thought his wheat fields cool but a strange perspective compared to the buildings, which is why again I never used them, maybe I should have and just added Benparks urban mod).

I'd like to know what unit\info\leader and weapon box they use, as thats probably along with the counters something I'm proud of (especially now the weapon box matches in colour)

Anyway aslong as we all get what we want thats the main thing! Some love the ASL counters where I'm not keen when a counter monitors individual men. I do like ASL style vehicles though but sadly the amount of space given over is not enough to give them justice. It's a shame really because a counter can fit a tank of 57 pixels yet the space given over is only 50 and those 7 6 or 7 pixels make a massive difference in quality.
Send this user an email
02-03-2012, 02:47 AM,
Wodin,

I knew that. I picked though your mod & Andrew's and used what I wanted and I use the
mod launcher to piece them together.

RE61
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."