• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

RS: Sorrow on Saipan - Ready for Next Round of Testing!
01-28-2012, 10:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2012, 12:17 AM by Kool Kat.)
Thumbs_Up  RS: Sorrow on Saipan - Ready for Next Round of Testing!
Gents: Smoke7

I am happy and excited to report that Version 1.3 of my Rising Sun "Sorrow on Saipan" scenario, in the H2H Section, is ready for the next round of testing! Big Grin2

Big changes to note: Moving the naval off board artillery "back" means that once the American Marines move over the summit of Hill 500... there is no more support from naval gun fire! One Japanese bunker is out of range of the naval gun fire... and 2x VPs (Hill 500) are also out of range! The 80mm Dual Purpose guns, defending in bunkers on the flanks,... and firing direct.. adds another dimension to the battle... as the Americans need to keep their "heads down" while advancing! Also, both the 50VP road junction and 150VP "school house" objectives (behind Hill 500) are out of range of American naval gun fire! (Thanks Huib for this suggestion!)

It's a whole new game gents! Enjoy! Cheers3

You may read about the Version 1.3 updates HERE.

You may access, download game files and register for a test game HERE.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2012, 03:54 AM,
RE: RS: Sorrow on Saipan - Ready for Next Round of Testing!
(01-28-2012, 10:15 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents: Smoke7

I am happy and excited to report that Version 1.3 of my Rising Sun "Sorrow on Saipan" scenario, in the H2H Section, is ready for the next round of testing! Big Grin2

Big changes to note: Moving the naval off board artillery "back" means that once the American Marines move over the summit of Hill 500... there is no more support from naval gun fire! One Japanese bunker is out of range of the naval gun fire... and 2x VPs (Hill 500) are also out of range! The 80mm Dual Purpose guns, defending in bunkers on the flanks,... and firing direct.. adds another dimension to the battle... as the Americans need to keep their "heads down" while advancing! Also, both the 50VP road junction and 150VP "school house" objectives (behind Hill 500) are out of range of American naval gun fire! (Thanks Huib for this suggestion!)

It's a whole new game gents! Enjoy! Cheers3

You may read about the Version 1.3 updates HERE.

You may access, download game files and register for a test game HERE.

Looking for an opponent...
Send this user an email
01-30-2012, 04:19 AM,
(01-30-2012, 03:54 AM)Ashcloud Wrote: Looking for an opponent...

Hey Ashley: Smoke7

Why don't you see if Huib is willing for a re-match? Idea2

If not... drop me a line... and we'll do a play test!
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
01-30-2012, 04:45 AM,
(01-30-2012, 04:19 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(01-30-2012, 03:54 AM)Ashcloud Wrote: Looking for an opponent...

Hey Ashley: Smoke7

Why don't you see if Huib is willing for a re-match? Idea2

If not... drop me a line... and we'll do a play test!

Yes a rematch is fine. Send it over.

Huib
01-30-2012, 06:50 AM,
Excellent gents: Smoke7

Many thanks for agreeing to play test... and look forward to your H2H reports!
Send this user an email