• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Africa at War and PW patches
01-27-2012, 08:37 AM,
Africa at War and PW patches
I have just re-installed the Africa at War mod. Is it possible to install the latest PW patch so it is not necessary to insert the PW disc to play the game?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2012, 09:52 AM,
RE: Africa at War and PW patches
I have my Africa at War patched up to PW v1.03, which I think is the latest. I can't remember the order I did things in, but I think if you ran the patch over your AaW folder that would work.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

01-29-2012, 06:57 AM,
Thanks for your reply. I have just installed the v1.03 patch and now an "error reading scenario file" occurs. Any idea what might be wrong?
01-29-2012, 10:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2012, 10:06 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
Might be best to uninstall AAW, patch Pacific War and then re-instal AAW.

It's been a long time, so I'm not sure if that works. Maybe do a search on the site to see if a thread already exists about this. When HPS was patching their games, some issues came up with IronX's game-mods.

Ironically, I copied all of my HPS game folders over to my new computer. Installed the discs, then just copied the folders into the appropriate folders. Never 'installed' AAW, but when I hit the icon it worked just fine. Same with all of IronX's stuff. Go figure.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
01-29-2012, 11:12 AM,
Does it happen for all scenarios? Try this out: copy everything from your PW folder to your AaW folder, but don't overwrite anything, that should just give you the updated PW files without losing any AaW files. If this works, I'm not sure why.

If that doesn't work, then I would erase all of your AaW folder, and reinstall from the self extractor into a new AaW folder, don't overwrite an existing PW folder. Then copy every file from your updated v1.03 PW folder that isn't a .scn, .oob or .map file. I'm pretty sure this is what I did, and it worked no problem. Let me know how it goes.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

01-29-2012, 05:36 PM,
I re-installed AAW and applied the v1.03 patch afterwards, that did the trick. Thanks gentlemen!