• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thoughts for a Top Gun Tournament
01-28-2012, 11:20 PM,
RE: Thoughts for a Top Gun Tournament
(01-28-2012, 11:03 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Sorry Ivan, I do not see it that way. :reporter:

The scenarios choices will be from smaller sized ones.
And, the parameters for those selected included ones that dealt with the amount of games played by each player. Even at that we are talking a year or so commitment? At least that is what occurred the last time.

It is up to the individual commit what is required or they should not sign up? The tournament will either fall apart or go on with those who want to see who is Top Gun.

If too many player of ability do not sign up I will scroll further down the ladder but I do not want to dip below .500 win/loss or 2K ELO.

Two to three turns a week on a smaller sized scenario is not a strain. And, we did make exceptions when the vacation period was in bloom.

Maybe I see Top Gun as a commitment by those who earned the right to play in it. Even if Top Gun scenarios become their only play? Pirate Duel2

Cheers6

HSL

I guess that is why it is called "Top Gun" - wish I qualified, going to have to up my win rate.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2012, 02:45 AM,
Thanks HSL I see your point.

Good luck with the Top Gun tourney!

Ivan the Big:smoke2:
01-29-2012, 03:03 AM,
Ash, I am sure you will be there one day! Thumbs Up
Most of these guys have been around since the founding of the club. :dual4:
All Top Guns have the spirit, skills, and drive to win.
They also acquired the numbers ... and that takes time?
I have faith that you can do both.

Ivan, I hold the wooden cross Endurance and Tenacity. :cut wood:
They are my proudest of medals. For years I was below .500. I'm barely over that now. I would be honored to play in the Top Gun tournament.
That I showed up on the ladder as having the qualifications to be in the tournament (5th alternate) is truly humbling. Especially to be among these "great and highly skilled ones".
And, I'd most likely be eliminated first. Rolling Eyes

A lot of players were over .500 or 2k ELO but they do not have the amount of games that would make it seem like they have the time to play in the tourney? Ten or more games, over .500 and over 2K in ELO is the standard? As it should be. Shark

It's not an insult to not be on the list? Dont Know I hope that everyone would know that.

:drink:

HSL
01-29-2012, 11:11 AM,
HSL,

I agree with everything you said! I haven't logged the time or shear amount of wins over the last few months, but I have a great overall win record at 80%, something I'm very proud of!! I see that wasn't enough. No problem l understand!! Truly I understand!!!

Guess I got confused and maybe a bit selfish by what was the real requirements as they pertained to me, my appologies!! I should have read the requirements a little closer and reflected on them, my bad!

For me, its time to move on with this issue and believe me, no hard feelings to anyone and most of all you HSL!

I wish you the best of luck in this tourney!!!!Cheers3

Take care, talk soon!!!!

John
01-29-2012, 12:25 PM,
Hi John,

Rest assured, if the requirements are changed it will be in the amount of games played and not a reduction in the win/loss or ELO standards.
Though, any one who qualifies should know that they need to commit to the tourney? Peace Pipe

It all now depends on how many qualifiers respond to this post? Cooked

cheers

HSL
01-29-2012, 03:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-29-2012, 03:35 PM by Skryabin.)
Well, if there is an interest, maybe it would be possible to run a "2nd 20 Undertop Guns Tournament" or something like that. Helmet Wink Play the same scenarios and everything, all the same rules. Just a thought.
01-29-2012, 11:47 PM,
(01-29-2012, 03:34 PM)Skryabin Wrote: Well, if there is an interest, maybe it would be possible to run a "2nd 20 Undertop Guns Tournament" or something like that. Helmet Wink Play the same scenarios and everything, all the same rules. Just a thought.

Sounds like work for someone else? Crystal Ball

But, the interesting thing was what developed from the first Top Gun tournament. The same question was asked and out of it came the Average Guy tournament. Thank you 3
Not quite the same.
But, it is interesting to see similar concerns now, as there were then. Cigar
Buds

HSL
07-26-2012, 04:21 AM,
Bump for Oberst. Bump

Buds

HSL