• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mega Mods FINAL release.
01-23-2012, 02:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2012, 04:34 AM by Wodin.)
News  Mega Mods FINAL release.
OK this is it..no more updates..each zip contains all the mods I've done for the game so you have lots of options. All other links will now be dead except these two..everything you need is included. Sorry to everyone for the constant downloading..next tiem I will try not to get to excited and release to early.

AOTR

http://www.4shared.com/zip/02PB2Wq9/AotR.html

RV

http://www.4shared.com/zip/uyWeNqR5/Red_Victory.html

Like I said all work is now finished. Onto ES.

Edited with new links..this has a weapon box fix.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2012, 03:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2012, 03:16 PM by Richie61.)
RE: Mega Mods FINAL release.
Ok, I think we are all set.
http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=582468

They are probably going to "shot the messenger" over at The War Gamer LOL, but having these
AWESOME mods for AotR and RV is worth it Cheers6
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
01-23-2012, 06:37 PM,
Yeah sorry Richie..I know I've been a right pain..still all finished now!!!!!
Send this user an email
01-23-2012, 10:25 PM,
(01-23-2012, 06:37 PM)Wodin Wrote: Yeah sorry Richie..I know I've been a right pain..still all finished now!!!!!

No reason to be sorry. I am just kidding around Big Grin
01-24-2012, 05:07 AM,
My advice for the future would be to have a small number of people to 'test' your mods, give feedback so you can tweak them to your liking. Once you release something, be done with it. This back and forth has been a touch on the chaotic side.

It's better to take your time than to release something that you change a few hours later. As a rule, I don't release things onto TFE4 unless they are final versions. If I release something and it gets tweaked a short while later, I tend not to re-release it. Time is precious.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
01-24-2012, 05:17 AM,
(01-24-2012, 05:07 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: My advice for the future would be to have a small number of people to 'test' your mods, give feedback so you can tweak them to your liking. Once you release something, be done with it. This back and forth has been a touch on the chaotic side.

It's better to take your time than to release something that you change a few hours later. As a rule, I don't release things onto TFE4 unless they are final versions. If I release something and it gets tweaked a short while later, I tend not to re-release it. Time is precious.

yeah sorry mate...this is the final though and Richie has offered his help in testing.

It wont happen again...to be honest it's kind of put me off the modding thing altogether...I was getting annoyed with myself and knew I'd be doing peoples head in which wasn't my intention..it was more a case of over enthusiasm to get it out...

Alan, I can't send you this Mega pack though as my hotmail account keeps crashing out when I try to upload it. So the last emails I sent you of AotR, RV,Canvasmap and NewCounters are the final mods for those two games. The mega mod has the canvasmap and newcounters included. Though like I said I can't get them to you. I knew you'd be getting abit fed up with my countless emails and amendments..really the new counters\canvas map and the update to include the urban mod should have been the only new mods or new versions...yet I must have uploaded about 20!!

If you've had enough then I understand and I will try and keep these links open for abit.
Send this user an email
01-24-2012, 05:24 AM,
I'm not frustrated, Jason, everyone works in their own way. I could see where someone who liked your stuff would get frustrated by having to re-upload something a few times. Take your time and release your stuff when you are happy with it. After that, unless there's a fatal error, stop tweaking it...Probably best for your sanity!

Keep the links up as long as you like. I'll download the mega one and do it myself. I'd still like you to send me the final files of the other things. It was a bit too hard to keep track of all the EMAILs and postings on here...

A
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
01-24-2012, 05:36 AM,
(01-24-2012, 05:17 AM)Wodin Wrote: It wont happen again...to be honest it's kind of put me off the modding thing altogether...

Wodin,

Don't let it get you down. Life is trial & error.

I am a Fire Protection Engineer and I have 25 years under my belt. I learn something new every day. I am always striving to improve everyday.
I always want comments on the projects I am involved in. Good comments
are nice, but bad is good too. I learn from these bad comments/ issues
and try to factor what I learned into my next project.

Keep your chin up! You did a great job on these projects! Like I offered,
I and others here would be more than willing to test & offer opinions of
your projects.

Remember this guy?
Quote:I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.
George S. Patton

01-24-2012, 07:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2012, 07:58 AM by Wodin.)
I was just answering Alan's email and went to check the read me and yet again noticed I hadn't put in the new weapon box in tha I did yesterday.....aaaarrrrggghhh!

So if you want them and want to use it...its far better and makes a matching colour scheme in my opinion, then here is a link...just overwrite..this is only the weapon box fix though so it's not a massive download!

I WILL NOT be updating the actual mega mods with this fix as I'm sure everyone is well and truely fed up with 4shared by now! However the option to download is there if you want.

I think a major part of all these updates was because I was learning as I went along and became abit better at things or had new ideas I could fulfill, plus I wanted to give people as many options as possible..definitely have to BETA test next time..I also should load them up myself as doing that was when I saw the mistakes or things I didn't like.

Alan, I managed to upload the mega mods by email..use the ones I sent by email as they have the weapon box fix already in. AotR has been sent...just sending you RV.

The download below is tiny...thankfully

LINK
Send this user an email