• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

'Gary Grigsby's War in the East' - buy or not buy
01-22-2012, 08:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2012, 09:40 PM by Kool Kat.)
Off Topic  'Gary Grigsby's War in the East' - buy or not buy
Hi!

I'm considering purchase of 'Gary Grigsby's War in the East' game. At present I'm playing only Campiagn Series and I'm not sure will I find myself in this game engine. I don't want to spend 55.99 GBP and put the game aside after few hours/minutes of playing. So, If you play both games, your suggestions/opinions would be more than welcome.

Cheers6
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2012, 08:41 PM,
RE: 'Gary Grigsby's War in the East' - buy or not buy
(01-22-2012, 08:37 PM)von Manstein Wrote: Hi!

I'm considering purchase of 'Gary Grigsby's War in the East' game. At present I'm playing only Campiagn Series and I'm not sure will I find myself in this game engine. I don't want to spend 55.99 GBP and put the game aside after few hours/minutes of playing. So, If you play both games, your suggestions/opinions would be more than welcome.

Cheers6

Looks a hell of a lot like TOAW, the graphics look exactly the same.
Send this user an email
01-22-2012, 09:21 PM,
This podcast episode of Three Moves Ahead is dedicated entirely to the game. Could be useful for you.
01-23-2012, 02:13 PM,
Yes, check YouTube for some on line reviews and summaries of game play. You can actually watch folks play the game and give their opinions and commentary (some reviews are badly done, some so professional they could have been produced by a major PR firm - draw your own conclusions but have been very helpful to me in deciding not to spend when the money is tight on some games.)

Besides, instead of looking at new games you should be playing my Orsha 41 scenario and getting a turn back to me. :-)

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.