• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenarios by Larry Reese Offered for Play and Testing
01-23-2012, 07:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2012, 07:41 AM by Larry Reese.)
RE: Scenarios by Larry Reese Offered for Play and Testing
(01-22-2012, 04:58 PM)Ashcloud Wrote: I would really like to see them.

Please send me an e-mail address and which ones you want and I'll send them to you ASAP. Mine is below.

(01-22-2012, 05:56 PM)RD_DeathDealer Wrote: Hi Larry-

I'm interested, can you send them to my email?

Hey there RD; I'll send them to your box my friend. All, RD was one of the previous play testers on the Offensive scenario; my thanks to you. You might ask him his impressions, etc..., if you'd like to consider playing that particular scenario. A note on the scenario in its current condition though: I am experimenting with exit VP hexes for the Germans as well as the Russians (to promote timely withdrawal). This version has not been extensively tested - if you'd like to play the scenario the way it has been predominantly tested in the past, just ignore (or remove) those two German exit VP hexes. I think the game plays pretty good either way, but the German exit hexes may throw some people off; and they have not been exhaustively tested - at extremes they might throw off the VP total calculations.

Also, on that topic, von Manstein has been extensively helping play test the Orsha 1941 scenario. If you want an unbiased opinion of it in its current form, I'm sure he'd give it to you if you want to ask.

(01-22-2012, 06:06 PM)zap Wrote: Hi Larry,

I still have your scenario, which, I was helping you test. "Crossing the Ner river" What do you want to do with that?

Zap! I thought I'd reached out an contacted all my old opponents and play testers - evidently not. My apologies, my friend. If you are still willing to finish off the Ozorkow scenario I'll get the turn out to you ASAP. If you're tired of it or have moved along after the long delay, I completely understand. Again, I'm sorry I lost you in the shuffle.

(01-22-2012, 08:26 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Larry, how's your Petsamo-Kirkenes scenario faring? Would love to see that one completed...

Me too, Kat. Thank you for asking. I've been busting my A with other things in the real world (still really really tough here) and have not been able to touch it. I'd really like to though - I think it would be great fun. Maybe in the next few weeks I can spend a few days working on it. It's one of the ones I mentioned in the original post that are "not ready for prime time." I've actually toyed with the idea of scaling it down some since the vast map is what is really holding me up. However, when the two new boys arrive in the next 6 or 7 weeks, all scenario design will likely be put on a hold (as well as many games, I'm afraid, though I'm going to try my best not to have to stop completely).

Anyone interested can send me their e-mail address at [email protected] along with a list of what they'd like to see and I'll send it out.

I am particularly proud of Offensive and Orsha 1941, in the sense that I think they're the most completed and have given people the most fun. And again, I'm very much desirous of all feedback - without we can't grow or improve.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scenarios by Larry Reese Offered for Play and Testing - by Larry Reese - 01-23-2012, 07:40 AM