• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

2nd player in pbem
01-22-2012, 02:18 AM,
2nd player in pbem
I have played a few CS PBEMs so far, but I dont know if it's possible for the 2nd player to change his opfire settings for turn 1 (ie. the first turn of the active player, the very first turn in the game), or he must use/endure the defaults.

Not that it is a showstopper for me but if it's possible it would be nice to know.
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2012, 02:20 AM,
RE: 2nd player in pbem
As far as I know your stuck with defaults.
01-22-2012, 02:23 AM,
Thanks Otto.

I also award you the "Fastest Forum Response Ever" medal :)
01-22-2012, 06:06 AM,
I'm playing an interesting one by Huib Versloot (the designer) where he fixes the sides on both opening turns, so the players can adjust op fire before the scenario gets going. I thought that was a great idea.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-22-2012, 07:19 AM,
It would be nice to have option to set opfire 'on' only when something is trying to enter your hex.
01-22-2012, 09:13 AM,
I like that idea. Might be a good setting for HQs. Don't give your location away, unless the enemy would find you anyway.
01-22-2012, 10:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2012, 10:10 AM by Von Earlmann.)
(01-22-2012, 02:18 AM)kineas Wrote: I have played a few CS PBEMs so far, but I dont know if it's possible for the 2nd player to change his opfire settings for turn 1 (ie. the first turn of the active player, the very first turn in the game), or he must use/endure the defaults.

Not that it is a showstopper for me but if it's possible it would be nice to know.

You can't change the op-fire settings that are set for the scenario........however the designer can :-).....also as stated before designer can fix all units for both sides turn to allow for setting op-fire and initial arty barrages.

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
01-22-2012, 09:16 PM,
(01-22-2012, 06:06 AM)Scud Wrote: I'm playing an interesting one by Huib Versloot (the designer) where he fixes the sides on both opening turns, so the players can adjust op fire before the scenario gets going. I thought that was a great idea.

That's indeed a clever idea.

01-22-2012, 11:01 PM,
(01-22-2012, 02:18 AM)kineas Wrote: I have played a few CS PBEMs so far, but I dont know if it's possible for the 2nd player to change his opfire settings for turn 1 (ie. the first turn of the active player, the very first turn in the game), or he must use/endure the defaults.

This is a classic design error. Designer can do 3 things:
-Place all units as fixed the first turn
-Set OP fire in the scn file (players will have to set their own preferences afterward)
-Cut the action points of those units that may enter in OP fire range in the scn editor, so these units have no action points to move the first turn.

Huib
01-24-2012, 03:22 AM,
(01-22-2012, 11:01 PM)Huib Versloot Wrote: -Set OP fire in the scn file (players will have to set their own preferences afterward)

Explained here: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...re+setting

... as I was just tinkering with my op fire settings for the scenario I am working with Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com