• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

H2H Medal Awards
01-20-2012, 01:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2012, 06:53 AM by Kool Kat.)
H2H Medal Awards
Gents: Smoke7

A club officer was rummaging around in some old files... and came across medals that had been awarded in the past to both H2H scenario developers and testers! Yikes He sent them to me... and here are the established criteria for H2H scenario designer badge awards:

Platinum - Designing 19 or more H2H Approved scenarios
Gold - Designing 12-18 H2H Approved scenarios
Silver - Designing 6-11 H2H Approved scenarios
Bronze - Designing 1-5 H2H Approved scenarios

Awarding folks for the above medals is straight forward... a quick glance at the H2H Approved Scenario List... add up the scenarios by developer... and pass out the shiny awards! Big Grin2

Now, I was also given awards (Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze) for H2H Testers. But I'm scratching my head on how to assign the criteria for award ranks... and how best to identify folks who have been involved in H2H testing? Idea2

Hope some players will weigh in on this subject.

Let the discussion begin! Cheers3

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2012, 05:17 AM,
RE: H2H Medal Awards
Mike,

Just sent you an email with the old criterias for awarding these.

Note that "Platinum" should be the highest award, not the lowest.

Dave

Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-20-2012, 06:55 AM,
(01-20-2012, 05:17 AM)Scud Wrote: Mike,

Just sent you an email with the old criterias for awarding these.

Note that "Platinum" should be the highest award, not the lowest.

Dave

Thanks Dave!

I corrected my original post!

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
01-20-2012, 09:07 AM,
Where's the Aluminum medal?
That's from an old, Blue Collar comedians joke! ROTFLMAO

:drink:

HSL
01-20-2012, 09:51 AM,
I think awarding the H2H testers retrospectively without going through every members bonus awards will be difficult unless they let you know.

Games currently in H2H will have logs and lists of testers of that version but I think older versions can be deleted when a new one is added so it wouldn't be reliable either.

Games that have already passed H2H have lost all records apart from on the designers e-mails and personal records.

Part of me says why award retrospectively at all, both designers and testers have already been rewarded with points up to now so there is no need to add medals to the points already awarded, if you are going to change it to medals pick a date and time and start from then.

as H2H commander you would have to work it out from then all I can say good luck with sorting it all out sorry mike. LMAO
01-20-2012, 10:15 AM,
Retroactive might just not be possible, but moving forward can certainly be done. If it adds incentive to take part in the H2H process then it's a good thing, in my view. On the other hand, if it adds too many managerial problems for you, then let the ladder points be their reward. Not sure testers test for either reason anyway.

Past testers who'd like consideration can always email you, Mike, and if they can provide proof or if you merely believe them, then by all means give them the medal.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-20-2012, 10:55 AM,
Gents: Smoke7

It was brought to my attention that there had been a previous badge award system in place with the H2H Testing process. I decided to roll it out.

So, in addition to awarding bonus points to both developers and play testers, folks who are involved in taking scenarios through the H2H Section will also receive badges. No harm? No foul? Idea2

I wanted to provide additional incentive to scenario developers, to utilize the H2H Testing process and to promote this area.

Badge rewards have been distributed to the recipients! Congratulations! cheers

I greatly appreciate all the hard work that both scenario developers and play testers perform to bring these creations to life!

The question currently on the table, is how best to reward play testers? There are badges, but no criteria assigned for awarding them? Idea2

Sure, they receive bonus points currently, just like scenario developers, but I thought it would also be good to award badges. In the end, if it it too cumbersome a process, I'll drop the idea for test player badges.

Anyhow, I started this thread to solicit feedback from players. Appreciate the input so far! Thanks guys! Cheers3
Send this user an email