• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

RV mod released.
01-17-2012, 10:07 AM,
RE: RV mod released.
Oh as for the vehicles the original are very,very poor indeed.

This will be a major mod though.

What would help loads if someone went through the vehicle bmp for me and wrote a list in order of exactly what the unit is. This will help load sin getting the right pics.

At the moment it's a abit to much of a chore for me to do as I'd have to go through all the scenarios to track down what vehicle\AFV is what.

If someone knows just by looking at the bmp and can do a list I'd be more than happy and can then crack on getting the pics needed.

Again the vehicle graphics at present are really really bad.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2012, 01:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-17-2012, 01:32 PM by Richie61.)
(01-17-2012, 09:41 AM)Wodin Wrote: Soldier prone symbol set rather than white line.

Tell me if it works OK.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/EzwWsXJe/2DSy...one.html

Wow, that was fast. Yup it works, but I hate to say this...
But you are right about the "white line". Plus with the "line" your
counters look way better!

Did you ever do any of these counters for AotR? I really like these one's Thumbs Up

"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
01-17-2012, 07:24 PM,
Well AotR is next. So watch this space.

As I said shouldn't take to long.
Send this user an email
01-18-2012, 10:45 AM,
Thanks to Richie61, I was very easily able to load up your RV art mod with JSGME. It looks super good! Nicely done Wodin! Salute2

Any plans on doing the same kind of art mod for the 2nd most popular SB title in the series, ES?
01-18-2012, 11:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2012, 11:40 AM by Wodin.)
(01-18-2012, 10:45 AM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote: Thanks to Richie61, I was very easily able to load up your RV art mod with JSGME. It looks super good! Nicely done Wodin! Salute2

Any plans on doing the same kind of art mod for the 2nd most popular SB title in the series, ES?

Well AotR will be out this week hopefully...

If I get enough people who like the RV\AotR mod to warraent going ahead with ES I will do it.

I still have the almighty task of doing a new vehicle mod for RV aswell! The 2D pics by OZ and Bill are already great for AotR and will go well with my mod.

So the more who ask for ES the more likely I will do it. It's the faces that take the time. I can whip up the counter background and box changes quite quickly. ES already has a good face mod made up of Osprey drawings if I remember properly...though I would redo it..I suppose it's just the Americans todo isn't it as the Germans are already sorted.

I pleased on how the new counters turned out with the flag image in the background though getting them a decent colour was trail and error...still not sure about the airborne and the guards counters (Possibly abit to acidic, should have used some more saturation on them i think), but try to change the colour wasn't as simple as I'd like it to have been. Would have been easier if you could just a pick a colour and the counters changed to it instead of messing around with hue and saturation\brightness and contrast.

Anyway as I said if demand is there it will be done.

Oh thanks for the salute, it makes it worthwhile when people come back and say they like it or will use it. Enjoy.
Send this user an email
01-18-2012, 11:51 AM,
Wodin doing Eagle Strike counter mod

[X] - Yes gun trick2:

[ ] - No Rifle Target Mortar

"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
01-18-2012, 12:06 PM,
Well thats two in with a request....

It doesn't take much to twist my arm.....I may go to it after the AotR mod and get that side of things out of the way...then move onto the vehicle mod for RV.
Send this user an email
01-18-2012, 01:00 PM,
Wodin, if I may suggest, you should post a few screen shots.

You know the old saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words"! Helmet Wink
01-18-2012, 06:06 PM,
Well I tried to take a screenie using the print screen key but nothing happened. Can you tell me how to do it?

If someone could do it for me over at The Wargamer that would be cool.

As I think this mod needs a few screenshots taken of the new counters etc.
Send this user an email
01-19-2012, 01:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2012, 01:36 AM by Compass Rose.)
This Blitz threads shows how to prepare and post pics in the Blitz forum.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=58929

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=58852

The free paint program I use is called Paint.net and can be found here:

http://http://www.getpaint.net/

In using WinXP, all I do to take a screen shot pic is to hit CTRL and PrtScn buttons and paste it into my Paint.net program for editing.