• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Napoleonic Simovitch MOD not working!?!?!??!
01-15-2012, 03:22 PM,
Napoleonic Simovitch MOD not working!?!?!??!
I hope Richard reads this post because it's happened to many of us who have downloaded John Tiller's BG Napoleonic Series from Matrix Games and it is quite frustrating. This MOD he made is simply amazing and there is TONS of scenarios that the HPS titles haven't even touched on yet for example "The Peninsula War". It's a hidden surprise in all reality.
Unfortunately, after downloading the entire series (takes a good 2 to 3 hours) It's unplayable with the digital download as far as I can tell. I have all the games and scenarios in the right folders and followed the correct process, but once you select a scenario to play from his NIR project you get the following message " There is an error with your serial number as entered. Please contact Support @ Matrixgames.com for help"

The regular game works fine and his newest edition to the series "Invasion of Prussia" also works fine. It seems from reading around, that when this has happened to other people it's because we have done a DIGITAL download and the add on NIR project won't work with it?!?!? You get that message that I posted in the above paragraph.
Any help from anyone who has any idea how to get around this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2012, 02:42 AM,
RE: Napoleonic Simovitch MOD not working!?!?!??!
The folder for each additional addon has to be inside the " John Tillers battleground Napoleonic war " folder or the serial number won't work and you will get that error message.

In fairness to Simmovitch his "Invasion of Prussia" which as you say works fine and some fixs to some of the third coalition battles are his only contribution to that series that I know of. Check the first footnote on the bottom of the page for information on the other authors. It was started as "The Napoleon in Russia " project back in the late 90's and was long dead until He added his Invasion of Prussia. Simmovitch is not responsible for problems with any of the other scenarios.
Quote this message in a reply