• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A map of beauty is...
01-12-2012, 07:17 AM,
A map of beauty is...
A map of beauty is a joy forever..
It is hard work though. When it's finished it looks so simple but this one cost me over 20 hours to make the last couple of days.
I hope a lot of players will occasionally play a scenario from the Korean War game (can't really call it a mod, its a game).

[Image: Taejon3.jpg]

just keepin' the spirit up, I actually hate mapping... doh
Huib
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2012, 07:36 AM,
RE: A map of beauty is...
dude, as I said before, that map is fantastic!!! And yes they are a pain, I've made a couple even using Google Earth, and it's very time consuming!! Thank you for the awesome results though!

Mike
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-12-2012, 10:43 AM,
Huib,

A thing of beauty!!

Know what your going through. I am about 60% done with my Chosin East map and we both know its a lot of work. This is especially true in depiction of the elevation sides embankments, cliffs and escarpments. The problem for me is getting time to sit down and finish the darn thing while juggling family, work and sleep.

But I am commited to get there and soon!!!

Ivan the Big
01-12-2012, 01:20 PM,
I can be quoted as saying "I hate making the map". It takes more time than the research of the battle in question, itself.

I love it when it's done. Almost like a child...

Cheers Guys
Gubi
Town Drunk
01-12-2012, 02:16 PM,
Absolutely beautiful, Mijnheer!
01-12-2012, 08:09 PM,
Fantastic! Thank you2
It is almost nice enough to frame and put on the wall?
This is coming from a guy who has maps (mostly Napoleonic battlefields) in my study.

Well done Herr Huib! :bulls eye:

Cheers5

HSL
01-13-2012, 12:49 AM,
Gorgeous map!

Thanks Huib! Thank You Sign
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
01-13-2012, 04:06 AM,
Lovely stuff Huib! I enjoy the research, OOB creation and map making - just hate the repeated testing.

Cheers, Chris
01-13-2012, 06:02 AM,
(01-13-2012, 04:06 AM)Hobbes Wrote: Lovely stuff Huib! I enjoy the research, OOB creation and map making - just hate the repeated testing.

Cheers, Chris

Testing can get boring indeed. That's the main reason I hardly test extensively anymore and I'm too impatient to roll it through the H2H section. I think I have a fair idea how to get the scenario balanced in the first release and if I failed it will show mercilessly after a number of games. It happened three or four times, but then you can always update/improve the scenario and replace it at a later date.

Huib
01-13-2012, 06:26 AM,
(01-13-2012, 06:02 AM)Huib Versloot Wrote: Testing can get boring indeed. That's the main reason I hardly test extensively anymore and I'm too impatient to roll it through the H2H section.

Testing can be boring... but I also know... that with a determined developer and team of fast play testers... a complexity 2 - 4 scenario can be pushed through the H2H process in under a month.

I know... since I've done that twice! :)

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email