• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Time-outs when posting
01-10-2012, 08:28 AM,
Time-outs when posting
For those of you who have typed a long PM or post and hit the submit button, only to be met with an error message and thereby losing all you typed, good news. The timeout has been increased to 60 minutes, which should help even the slowest typists.

For lengthy submissions I'd still recommend forming your thoughts in a text editor and cutting and pasting, just in case, but hopefully the issue has been resolved.

Please let me know if this happens to you again, plus try to remember the error you get and anything else that might help troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2012, 08:40 AM,
RE: Time-outs when posting
I am hoping this will also solve the H2H report issue that has caused so much trouble. :(
01-10-2012, 10:42 AM,
I'm scared to even try after the last H2H bout...

Ivan the Big:smoke2:
01-10-2012, 11:35 AM,
Hook ITB, jump in the water is fine ... now! Walk the Plank

Cheers3

HSL
01-10-2012, 10:05 PM,
(01-10-2012, 10:42 AM)Ivan The Big Wrote: I'm scared to even try after the last H2H bout...

Hey John: Smoke7

Just to be on the "safe side"... next time you are submitting a H2H test report... type your comments and feedback into either a Word doc or Word Pad... as mentioned earlier by other players.

That way... if the dreaded "invalid parameters" error message comes up... you will have captured your earlier comments... and can do a copy & paste back into the H2H report format! :)
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
01-10-2012, 10:39 PM,
(01-10-2012, 08:28 AM)Scud Wrote: The timeout has been increased to 60 minutes

Man, your eally pushing the limits of my attention span here :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
01-11-2012, 10:48 AM,
Not I Von,

The brain has been overloaded since 5th grade. What is a few more megabites among friends?!

KK is correct I should show greater than chimpanzee intellengence in covering my fanny when I post! It sucks being an enginner sometimes, everything is suppose to be black and white and concrete in nature!

01-11-2012, 10:55 AM,
ITB, it's O.K. even former teachers see things in black and white. Just like a chalkboard? :smoke2:
The lines are drawn. We just need to see them? Read2

Cheers5

HSL
01-11-2012, 11:04 AM,
HSL,

LOL, I'm speechless. Thought I was alone on the planet!

01-11-2012, 11:42 AM,
LOL! I had chalk dust on more than one suit. Bagpipe

Cheers3

HSL