• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Iron X "Red Star Over Europe" mod?
01-05-2012, 11:16 AM,
Iron X "Red Star Over Europe" mod?
Would anybody be willing to share the following mod?

Ironx "Red Star Over Europe" mod version 1.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :clown:

You can PM me if you like ;)
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2012, 01:26 PM,
RE: Iron X "Red Star Over Europe" mod?
Was this a good mod? I am kind of surprised that nobody seems to still have it.
It sure looked like a great mod from the screens and videos I saw.
01-09-2012, 11:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2012, 11:35 PM by TheBigRedOne.)
I think the great part of this, and all of his Mods, was the advancement of the graphics. He also added a lot of new weapons, sounds and maps. The scenarios were all fine, although I can't say I played a ton of them. He wasn't a PBEMer, so some of his scenarios lacked balance, but all-in-all they were fine.

In general, his mods didn't get a ton of ladder play. Here's the tally for RSoE

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Squa...r_by=games
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
01-10-2012, 01:18 AM,
(01-09-2012, 11:31 PM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: I think the great part of this, and all of his Mods, was the advancement of the graphics. He also added a lot of new weapons, sounds and maps. The scenarios were all fine, although I can't say I played a ton of them. He wasn't a PBEMer, so some of his scenarios lacked balance, but all-in-all they were fine.

In general, his mods didn't get a ton of ladder play. Here's the tally for RSoE

https://www.theblitz.club/scenarios/Squa...r_by=games

Alan,
I totally agree with you. Andrew's mods (well the one's I have) are incredible! His attention to details and add units takes the SQB series to another level!
This era of warfare (Cold War) and his Arab vs Israeli time span haven't been mod or produced very well on computer gaming systems.

It really sucks, because this is the only one of his mods I can't find and it's the one I really want Dont Know

Ed
01-12-2012, 09:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-12-2012, 09:17 PM by burroughs.)
It really sucks, because this is the only one of his mods I can't find and it's the one I really want Dont Know

Ed

Chill out, mate; I have everything stored somewhere on my external drive and have even the mod installed: I PBEMed one scenario - the first off the stock list - back in summer, but did not report that as it's not been placed in the database and I was too lazy to add that. I'll do it in the future.

I'll try to upload that somewhere or share in some other way( does that violate any copyrights?), but that's going to take some time which I am very short on so You must be quite patient for yet some time to come. To return favour You'll PBEM my red hordes one day, alright?
01-13-2012, 12:12 AM,
It doesn't violate any copyrights as far as I know, but Andrew was pretty adamant about not having his stuff posted anywhere for public distribution, which is why I removed them from Task Force Echo 4.

Individuals sending them to each other, as far as I'm concerned, is perfectly fine. Once something gets out into the public domain, you really can't expect it not to be shared by individuals. I told Andrew this when he asked me to remove his files, which is why I told Ed it was fine to make this post.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
01-16-2012, 09:56 AM,
Richie did you get this yet? I tried sending it to you in twelve RAR parts but AOL bounced em back. I am assuming aol has size restrictions on inbound email attachments. It was only 20mb.
Well, okay I only sent the first one but since they bounced #1 I sure as hell wasn't going to bother sending 2-12 and have it do the same.
Anyway, let me know. And get me a better email address if you would still like to get it.

Phil
Dog829
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.
01-16-2012, 01:05 PM,
(01-16-2012, 09:56 AM)Dog829 Wrote: Richie did you get this yet? I tried sending it to you in twelve RAR parts but AOL bounced em back. I am assuming aol has size restrictions on inbound email attachments. It was only 20mb.
Well, okay I only sent the first one but since they bounced #1 I sure as hell wasn't going to bother sending 2-12 and have it do the same.
Anyway, let me know. And get me a better email address if you would still like to get it.

Phil
Dog829

Yes I did get it. Thanks for the effort! You guys here are AWESOME!
I am not sure how big of a file that AOL can handle, but I don't think it's a lot.
I am an AutoCAD tech and more and more I use ftp sites to retrieve engineering drawings for projects.

Again, I really appreciate you trying to help me out Thumbs Up
01-16-2012, 08:03 PM,
(01-13-2012, 12:12 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: It doesn't violate any copyrights as far as I know, but Andrew was pretty adamant about not having his stuff posted anywhere for public distribution, which is why I removed them from Task Force Echo 4.

Individuals sending them to each other, as far as I'm concerned, is perfectly fine. Once something gets out into the public domain, you really can't expect it not to be shared by individuals. I told Andrew this when he asked me to remove his files, which is why I told Ed it was fine to make this post.

I hereby held in respect all those remarks and restrained myself from uploading anything anywhere. Nevertheless our friend seems to have acquired what he had wanted so now we all can be happy and from that common well - being hopefully a lot of purely digital hostilities should arise.Thanks for remainding me all of that and clarifying a little more.