• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bug in optional rules?
01-03-2012, 04:03 PM,
RE: Bug in optional rules?
"especially since I can rarely manage to hit anything other than the ground. I recall my Compass '40 campaign as the Italians where I was very good at bombing the sea along the coast. Many dead fish surely washed up on shore because of my bombing runs. ;) All I can say to everyone is: don't give into the temptation to load/save when doing the bombing runs and don't play someone who you suspect is cheating."

I get the feeling that you have a 50% chance of hitting the hex you want to hit. :whis:

Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2012, 04:24 PM,
(01-03-2012, 03:49 PM)alaric99x Wrote: Right, it's a very accurate statement in saying that the enemy side determines the effectiveness of your carpet bombers. You can't generally see who's in t-mode, but it's usually not hard to find a cluster of units in close proximity to a target hex. If your bombing mission drifts from the intended target, there will be a good chance that it will hit units in an adjecant hex. Those are the kind of targets I always look for.

Indeed, you have to pick a target where the enemy concentrates not only in a hex, but several adjacent hexes. This way, you can call the bombers on a central point, and if they scatter they will still hit something in the concentrated area.

Send this user an email
01-03-2012, 05:04 PM,
Yes, so try to spread out a bit if you know your enemy has carpet bombers.

And, to jonnymacbrown, it seems to me that the chances of a carpet bomb attack hitting an intended target hex is a good deal less than 50%.
01-05-2012, 06:47 PM,
Try this combination in the _alt CGs.

Low Visibility Air Effects - ON
Programmed weather - OFF

This will allow for the game to have some days of low visibility resulting in a lot less air units for the Axis player. It will also make visibility less predictable. No guarantees, but one will have to be flexible in dealing with the conditions.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-05-2012, 06:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012, 03:33 PM by jonnymacbrown.)
(01-05-2012, 06:47 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Try this combination in the _alt CGs.

Low Visibility Air Effects - ON
Programmed weather - OFF

This will allow for the game to have some days of low visibility resulting in a lot less air units for the Axis player. It will also make visibility less predictable. No guarantees, but one will have to be flexible in dealing with the conditions.

Dog Soldier

Now you tell me! Geez.:P