• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ready Freddy for PBEM
12-17-2011, 06:36 AM,
RE: Ready Freddy for PBEM
Yes I did and my stuarts were no match for the MK IV whew it was like feed going to chickens...gone in a heartbeat.....
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2011, 07:08 AM,
Welcome to the world of PBEM! Nothing like the feeling of playing against a live oppo for the first time! Boy did I get beat at the time... And still do :smoke:
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-17-2011, 07:15 AM,
(12-17-2011, 07:08 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Welcome to the world of PBEM! Nothing like the feeling of playing against a live oppo for the first time! Boy did I get beat at the time... And still do :smoke:

Cat fight? :chin:

Agree 100% There is nothing like PBeM for excitement, fun, and pure "nail biting" tension! :eek1:

If it had nor been for CS PBeM gaming... I would have left this game years ago.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
12-17-2011, 07:17 AM,
Yes I did and ash picked a good one...he had a great win
12-17-2011, 07:44 AM,
(12-17-2011, 06:36 AM)Marc_Barker Wrote: Yes I did and my stuarts were no match for the MK IV whew it was like feed going to chickens...gone in a heartbeat.....

Ha! No. Stuarts are great for zipping around flanks, though.

Dave

Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
12-17-2011, 08:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2011, 08:09 AM by Marc_Barker.)
I did that with 3 company but as soon as they crested I am assuming (showing the belly like a whale) 4 out 5 got zapped, a whole platoon, 2 out 5 all in the first salvo. The only op I had was ambush the MKIV in the first round 3 plattons behind a hill. set for ambush I got first shot and knew that if I did not take him out first round game over. Well as you can see game over!
ready for another anyone up for it
12-17-2011, 08:19 AM,
(12-17-2011, 08:08 AM)Marc_Barker Wrote: I did that with 3 company but as soon as they crested I am assuming (showing the belly like a whale) 4 out 5 got zapped, a whole platoon, 2 out 5 all in the first salvo. The only op I had was ambush the MKIV in the first round 3 plattons behind a hill. set for ambush I got first shot and knew that if I did not take him out first round game over. Well as you can see game over!
ready for another anyone up for it

When Herr Straßen Läufer returns, challenge him to a game. He has a really fair policy for new members and will also give you some tips as you play.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
12-17-2011, 09:57 PM,
(12-17-2011, 08:19 AM)Scud Wrote: When Herr Straßen Läufer returns, challenge him to a game. He has a really fair policy for new members and will also give you some tips as you play.

Indeed! :)

I "mentored" under Ed... as a new member several years ago... and he "showed me the ropes" so to speak! ;)

In those early days... I lost many matches... but Ed was patient and instructive... and over time... I improved as a player. :)

Ed is strong willed... and passionate on his views... but he also is a top notch CS player!

I'm also proud to call him a friend! cheers

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
12-17-2011, 10:48 PM,
Makes no difference to me a win is a win and a loss is shall we say a learning experience to the next win. you never lose at this game anyway. Lose a few battles but the goal is winning a war
12-18-2011, 12:50 AM,
(12-17-2011, 07:15 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(12-17-2011, 07:08 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Welcome to the world of PBEM! Nothing like the feeling of playing against a live oppo for the first time! Boy did I get beat at the time... And still do :smoke:

Cat fight? :chin:

Agree 100% There is nothing like PBeM for excitement, fun, and pure "nail biting" tension! :eek1:

If it had nor been for CS PBeM gaming... I would have left this game years ago.

Totally agree that playing against human opponents is what makes this game great. I started playing couple of years ago, but only played 2 sceanrios against AI. Playing AI is not for me.

Pawel