• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Is it Usable for your machine
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
5 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Scenario Viewer for JTCS
12-17-2011, 09:30 PM,
RE: Scenario Viewer for JTCS
Marc, it seems if you have the Access developer kit you should be able to package the application with the said runtime component for end users without full Access install:

You can deploy an Access application to users who do not have an installation of Access 2003 by packaging and distributing the application with the Access runtime. To package the application, you use the Package Wizard included in the Access 2003 Developer Extensions to create an installation package. Your installation package will include your application and the Access 2003 runtime, and will specify a number of installation parameters, such as the folder in which to install the application and whether to create application shortcuts.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access...20886.aspx

I really like what you are doing so hoping you can package a full version, not just the pdf layouts.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2011, 10:45 PM,
it would be tons better and more streamlined. When I run it through access it really shines...my basics graphics are done in illustrator and visio pro. The actual picures are ran through photoshop. I was doing the OOB's the same way so when you click a unit the graphic image comes up as well as an ascii file for cut and paste in the the campaign oob. There will be an option for adding company, battallions and etc. the ID number is unique to the Unit number and will give the next available bunber to be used. All this tied together with the scenario viewer and you have a decent 3rd party application that goes hand in hand with the CS series. That is the overall plan
12-18-2011, 06:19 AM,
Go for it! I am sure there are plenty of internet forums where you can ask for help with MS Access app distributables... It looks really fabulous, it would be fun to be able to try the real one cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-19-2011, 01:11 AM,
I hope to get it out inincremetns at least so people can try it and use and update it on a weekly basis. I know it is rather ad hoc. but this is alot work and I would like to have people enjoy it as early as possible. Not a good plan I know but when looking at the track record of 1.05 the wait is terrible would rather have incremental every so often then wait 5-6 years