• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

??????
01-02-2012, 01:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2012, 02:07 PM by Gila.)
RE: ??????
Who said steel panthers is getting old and dry?

Why,, when i get up on my walker,i'll hit you with my cane, and get off my damn lawn!

:smoke:
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2012, 12:12 AM,
(01-02-2012, 02:39 AM)Greybeard Wrote: I cut my teeth on the old world, pre-computer days of board games.. with 'Squad Leader' as my favorite.

Cheers!
Greybeard

Wow I remember those days. I used to have Squad Leader, together with the Cross of Iron expansion and Cescendo of Doom expansion. I sold it many years ago. Couldn't find playing partners anymore. People were moving on to PC games by that time. Those were great games. The setup times was a bit time consuming though.
I also used to have Tobruk, which I also sold. The other day I found Panzer Leader, Airforce and the Dauntless Expansion, as well as Firefight in my cupboard. Brought back many memories. Now it feels like I was a fool selling the others, but on the other hand they would just have been shelved like the others.
Man those games had detail in them. Especially Squad Leader.
I bought a PC game called Over the Reich a few years ago. Imported it from the UK. It's basically a PC version of Air Force. At least I could play that on my own. Even that is shelved now.
Thanks for bringing back some great memories Greybeard.:)
01-05-2012, 02:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2012, 02:14 PM by Gila.)

:funny2:
01-06-2012, 06:46 PM,
I brought my Squad Leader from the attic when I ran the tourney for SP H2H, it still gathers dust on the bookshelf with the expansions. I wish I had time and energy to build a scenario based tourney for SPWW2, looks like there's some enthusiasts who might appreciate that :) Realism is that it took a lot of time and not just me, Weasel used many many hours testing the scens with me. Oh, those were the days ... sigh
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
01-09-2012, 07:49 AM,
Hey Vesku,

yeah, I had the same problem.. issues finding opponents.. my brothers kind of gave up when they never won me..

started with panzerblitz,which I still have somewhere.. in a box in the garage I think..

had probably about 20 avalon hill games at one time, plus 3-4 from another publisher.. even had a couple of trays full if metal armor minitatures.. those were the days indeed..

the squad leaders were my favorites.. had 2 of the original, then the 3 expansions.. when I ran a SPH2H tourney several years ago, I used a bunch of the map-boards and created a map for SPWAW from them..

never got into Advanced SL, too expensive for a young marrried guy, and no place to play with a couple of carpet crunchers to 'help' :)

a couple of years ago there was a company that was still publishing the Advanced SL games and modules..

not sure if they are still around..
Cheers!
Greybeard