• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Year to Date Ladder Numbers
12-08-2011, 12:10 AM,
Year to Date Ladder Numbers
Before life got busy, I used to publish a monthly record of the SB ladder results. Dog Soldier kindly provided me with the year-to-date summary of the SB boards. Since Mad Dog has revived this monthly summary, I thought it would be interesting to take a look at the month-to-month results so far this year.

[Image: b5113c4c3dmoz-screenshot.JPG]

As expected, Red Victory has pretty much dominated the ladder play since being released. Modern War is in second, but a distant second at that.

In general the WWII games are the most popular, which is also not surprising. What is surprising is that all the full game mods (A@W, LW, RSE and AIW) do not get a whole lot of game play anymore. Games like Winter War, Dien Bien Phu and Spanish Civil War also get limited play, which is unfortunate because they are all fantastic games.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2011, 12:35 AM,
RE: Year to Date Ladder Numbers
Thanks guys for taking the time to gather the data and create the chart. It is very interesting to view.

Oz and his team did such a super good job with RV that it will have to take a very special and a very well put together title to knock RV from being "King of the Hill".
12-08-2011, 07:59 AM,
I like that, pretty cool. I bet we'll break 800 by the end of the month. Tournaments probably inflate a particular games numbers, I'm sure the Triple A Tourney close to doubled the games for AotR. RV is a hit, although it is sad to see WW get so few plays, it is another quality game by Oz.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

12-08-2011, 08:12 AM,
I think Dien Bien Phu is such a fantastic game. At first I thought it was just going to be slogging through the mud type scenarios, and there are plenty, but that game has such a great 'feel' that you almost believe that you're there, struggling to hold on to your positions as the Viet Minh inch towards you.

Winter War is great as well. Lots of heavy infantry work with the armor being somewhat vulnerable to fire.
12-08-2011, 08:23 AM,
I discovered the armored train in the WW game title earlier this year. What a unique unit for a tactical game. There are several great scenarios I played in WW to "learn the game system" with the AI.

Could WW be the subject for another tournament in the near future?

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
12-08-2011, 10:36 AM,
WW and DBP rock. IMO, DBP does the best job of showing off the engine. Just a terrific title with great scenarios. I'm always up for a game of DBP. WW is a close second.
12-08-2011, 05:42 PM,
Cheers for that Alan, very interesting

No surprises for me that superb RV is way out in front though Im little surprised by the TOD numbers, kudos to the hardcore
244 games with legend that is Richie61
12-08-2011, 06:52 PM,
I agree. WW and DPB are both gems for game play.

Thanks for the stats. I always enjoy seeing the monthly/annual totals.

Dennis of course probably accounts for around 90% of the annual total Big Grin
12-10-2011, 01:47 AM,
(12-08-2011, 08:23 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: I discovered the armored train in the WW game title earlier this year. What a unique unit for a tactical game. There are several great scenarios I played in WW to "learn the game system" with the AI.

Could WW be the subject for another tournament in the near future?

Dog Soldier

I could easily see WW as a tourney since the scenarios are so diverse. I'd be more concerned that a smaller number of people actually own the game.

The mini DBP tourney I ran had a good turnout, so anything is possible.