• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Computer Help
12-02-2011, 09:36 AM,
RE: Computer Help
(12-01-2011, 11:54 AM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: I have not opened JTCS for quite a while.[/size]
:eek1:

OMG!!!!!Big Grin Tisk, tisk, see you pissed off the game!! Seriously though, I have win XP and haven't experienced this, but maybe you have an outomated unused icon cleanup going on, if you don't use a proggy for awhile is taking them off the desktop?? Just wondering, since you mentioned that you hadn't used it for awhile, and if your not into changing default settings, maybe this could be happening?

A link to some ideas to look over?
http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/for...ppear.html

Hope some of this helps!!

Mike

Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2011, 04:05 PM,
(12-02-2011, 08:29 AM)Scud Wrote: I think, however, the shortcut in the attached zip should work. Not positive, but worth a shot. Just open the zip and put the shortcut on your desktop.

Just a quick heads up: this worked for me, and must be the easiest way to fix things.

Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-02-2011, 06:14 PM,
First, thank you all for your goodwill, and the ideas.
I find I can open JTCS, using the autorun icon within the JTCS directory, which lives on my desktop. I even made a shortcut, but it's not the neat JTCS icon I had before, just a copy of the disk symbol labelled autorun. This may seem trivial, but I grew quite fond of The CS Start button with the soldier on it.
Unfortunately, I find I cannot develop any interest in the details of computing thus I do not have the background to even describe a problem ...if indeed what I see IS a problem. I joined a user group earlier this year, but alas my inability to speak Palaeolithic Sumerian inhibited any value I might have got.

Warhorse,.... there may be such a facility in my maintenance program, and I don't muck around with default settings.

Wolfman/Petri..I opened the strat menu, went to programs, saw a folder named programs, opened same, there is J'T'C'S....But the only thing in it is a Shortcut to uninstall. This is surely not right??

Scud,...the download worked , I got the icon back on the desktop but I get a window saying something about the driver or network connection referred to by the shortcut is not available. Make sure the disk is in or the network resource available and try again.
I find that confusing......surely I should need neither the disk nor the network.
I am thinking of an uninstall and reload.
12-02-2011, 11:08 PM,
This thread... and especially the replies... is a testimony to the helpful spirit of Blitzers! :bow:

Hopefully, Rod will be back up playing CS shortly! :)
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
12-02-2011, 11:59 PM,
(12-02-2011, 06:14 PM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: I am thinking of an uninstall and reload.

That is propably the way forward. More work now, but less hassle in future...

Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-03-2011, 05:07 AM,
Well my high school Palaeolithic Sumerian is a bit rusty, so in English: I concur, reinstall. Or latin: Ita, uh... reinstallus.

Lotta work, though, just for a shortcut.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
12-03-2011, 08:41 AM,
It does seem to me passing strange that a biggish program such as JTCS would not be saved in the program area.
Once again, VMT