• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New John Tiller Software Game: Campaign Leipzig
11-28-2011, 11:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2011, 12:01 AM by Sgt_Rock.)
New John Tiller Software Game: Campaign Leipzig
http://johntillersoftware.com/Napoleonic...ipzig.html

2 years, 9 months of solid work went into this game. A team of over 15 playtesters worked VERY hard on this title. Please be sure to read the credits to see who helped us out on this one.

I will let the website listing tell you the rest.
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2011, 12:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2011, 06:23 AM by Compass Rose.)
RE: New John Tiller Software Game: Campaign Leipzig
Congratulations! It sure looks like a "must have" in my book especially with all of the "extra goodies" that come with it such as all of the Bonus Documents and Game Aids.
11-29-2011, 02:03 AM,
Leipzig ist Ze Big Kahouna!
11-29-2011, 02:11 AM,
(11-29-2011, 02:03 AM)FM WarB Wrote: Leipzig ist Ze Big Kahouna!

Well you should know. You spent millions of hours on this game too!

Guys - could not have gotten this title done without Warren's help. He will bow out I know but he needs to take a bow for all of his long hard work on helping me with the order of battle files and artwork.

You will want to check out his own scenario contribution to the game which is #028. Alt Dresden - Full Battle

He would have put an Alt-Leipzig scenario in with the game but ran out of time. Something we will add in an update or at Steve Trauth's Scenario Design Center I am sure. And here too as I am sure we have a "Scenario Depot" I believe.

Warren put together a rough draft of the Units.bmp file for us to use during playesting as the graphics work always comes at the very end of the project process. The graphics work was started in January and just finished up in November. An incredible amount of work for our two man team - Joe Amoral did the original artwork in most cases and Mark Adams reduced the work down to fit in the game files.

Please see "The Armies of 1813.pdf" file that I put into the main game folder which highlights his work and gives you some idea of what his original work looks like.

But thanks again, Warren. You truly are "The Man from Dresden!"
11-29-2011, 05:02 AM,
Additional screenshots for the game at:

http://myweb.cableone.net/williampeters/...reens.html

I will continue to post more as the week goes on. Just hit "Refresh" each time you go up there to see more links.

Sorry about the lack of "window dressing" for the page but I did not have a lot of time to work on it. I might spruce it up a bit later this week.
11-29-2011, 09:44 AM,
If the Leipzig Op 74 scenario wasn't so much fun, I might have completed Alt-Leipzig!

I'm glad I was able to contribute to this project.
11-30-2011, 11:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-30-2011, 11:50 AM by Tide1.)
Gents my hat is off to the team. It looks like an awsome game with more content than a French officers baggage train. I'll be downloading this beauty directly Big Grin cheers

Tide1
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
11-30-2011, 03:28 PM,
It really is content packed, one of the best Napoleonic titles yet imho. Well done team!
12-01-2011, 07:07 AM,
I have only dipped into this and it is very impressive. What would be nice would be if the various "French units" had their own counter/base colours (and flags) it would add so much to the battle of the Nations to see for example light green Italians white Saxons etc

One other thing that I would like to see is having ADCs added at each command level so that if you want to you can send these with messages allowing a proper order system I have adapted the Gamers ACW system for solo games and it works quite well I have played Jena.

Mike
12-01-2011, 01:28 PM,
Mike,

It's easy to open the OOB files in a word processor. Just remember to save it under a different name. I always put my initials in front to rename the OOB files I modify.

I believe in the additional docs, Bill put a how to modify OOBs.

al
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message