• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help with TOAW version incompatibility
11-28-2011, 12:02 AM,
Help with TOAW version incompatibility
Hi,
I have the following problem.

I've been playing FitE PBEM with someone; we're playing turn 42 at the moment. We use the same versions of the game (3.4.0.202) and there was no problem with this for most of the time we've been playing. However, when we were playing turn 37 and I sent it over to my opponent, he informed me that he can't load it and that there is some version compatibility problem. Apparently, TOAW displayed the following message:
"This version of TOAW can not load this scenario"

.jpg   incompatibility.jpg (Size: 16.02 KB / Downloads: 9)

We couldn't solve it, so I had to play the turn again, and sent him a new save. The same happened when we were playing turn 42.

Do you have any idea what may cause this? Could it be something with TOAW screwing up the save? Or perhaps file corrupting in email? Any ideas? Again, we checked and we have the same version.

Regards
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2011, 01:20 AM,
RE: Help with TOAW version incompatibility
http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.p...s-scenario
01-27-2012, 02:25 PM,
RE: Help with TOAW version incompatibility
Actually, archiving didn't solve it. I thought it did as the problem didn't appear for a while, but it soon started to reappear.

Believe it or not, it seems that the culprit is Microsoft's hotmail, which I used to send my save files. I'm not an expert on these things but something (Microsoft's servers? or perhaps little gnomes) must have changed the files somehow now and then. Anyway, this is the only explanation as I changed my account to Google some time ago and the problem hasn't reappeared ever since.

Of course, it will need some further testing.