• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ostfront Round 2
12-31-2011, 04:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-31-2011, 05:00 AM by Outlaw Josey Wales.)
RE: Ostfront Round 2
Outlaw Josey Wales reporting Major Victory over NikB in both scenarios. I had a bit of luck in both games though.

As Germans, I got a chance to hit his forces across the river with mortars while they were still mounted on the tanks, his infantry suffered badly. He didn't rush the bridge, actually held back first turn, but my mortar wasn't spotted until next turn when it fired.

As Russians, I made a move with my tanks and ended up in sight of his Panthers. I only lost one tanks and got kills on his remaining armor.

Take away those two lucky events and it probably would have been a 1-1 split or double loss for me.

Ready for the next round.
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2012, 05:56 AM,
(12-31-2011, 04:59 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Outlaw Josey Wales reporting Major Victory over NikB in both scenarios. I had a bit of luck in both games though.

These games have yet to be reported on the ladder. One of you please do so ASAP.

There are plenty of games still unreported. I'd like a status report on the remaining open games...

Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
01-09-2012, 08:25 AM,
TheBigRedOne,
Did you get my report a month ago?
Send this user an email
01-10-2012, 11:54 AM,
Pawel and I are at least halfway through, Christmas really slowed down my turn rate.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

01-10-2012, 12:12 PM,
Dog829 and I just finished. Both of us got Major Victories with our German sides. Our Russians? Eh, not so good...
01-11-2012, 01:40 AM,
The games between me and Nikb have been reported. I thought we were just supposed to report to you. I must be thinking of a different tourney.
01-11-2012, 03:34 AM,
If you report the games on the ladder, I'll see them. Reporting them directly to me is nice, but not required. The placing of them on the ladder also signifies that your opponent basically agrees with what you've reported, which is why I don't record the scores until I see it on the ladder....
01-29-2012, 05:45 PM,
So where to from here Sir? Is the tourney over? Has the fat lady sung? Since this is the first one I've participated in I wanted to ask.

So far, I have come to learn the following regarding my two very worthy opponents.

Never allow Frobodine to drive your tank. That missing AT mine? He will find it. Let him shoot the gun, read the maps, even honk the horn. Just no driving.

All of Rabbits AT guns shoot silver bullets. I don't think any of my tanks ever got to the bridge. Much less attempted to cross. Nice shootin rabbit.

Thanks

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.
01-30-2012, 12:52 AM,
There are still two teams remaining in Round 2, one of which is moving at a bit of a snail's pace. When those two teams are finished the third and final round will be posted.

Never fear, there's another worthy adversary in your future!
01-31-2012, 10:06 AM,
We are moving along slowly Alan, sorry for the delay. Not sure what turn we are on, but both are panthers have seen lots of action.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier