• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Civilians in SB
11-11-2011, 09:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2011, 09:43 PM by Embis.)
Civilians in SB
Hi,
The manual makes mention of civilian units, which of the SB series includes these? I had hoped MW would, but it doesn't seem to, Though perhaps i just haven't found them yet!

It would be nice if this could be added to all the SB series, nice for "rescuing downed aircrew" types of scenario..

Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2011, 08:24 AM,
RE: Civilians in SB
I've experimented with this in a hypothetical MW scenario called Operation Sea dragon. I had a news crew that was stuck between opposing forces.
Send this user an email
11-13-2011, 03:48 AM,
(11-12-2011, 08:24 AM)Ironwulf Wrote: I've experimented with this in a hypothetical MW scenario called Operation Sea dragon. I had a news crew that was stuck between opposing forces.

So MW does include Civillians? where do you find them in the OOB's?

11-14-2011, 12:59 AM,
It does, although of the top of my head I don't recall any scenarios specifically using them. You'd have to make a custom OOB or edit an existing one to include them...

From the User's Manual:

Quote:Certain games in the Squad Battles series support the Civilian feature. Under this feature, certain units can be identified as Civilians using the Scenario Editor. Civilians are typically portrayed in a scenario as being hostages of the opposing side and the purpose of the scenario is to rescue the hostages. Civilian units that are stacked with enemy units are automatically considered Captured. If the enemy units that they are stacked with are eliminated or forced to retreat as a result of assault, then the Civilian units are able to be moved by the owning player. In a scenario that uses Civilians, points are awarded for the release of Civilians held as hostage and points can be awarded for exiting them from the map via Exit Objectives. Civilians have a reduced movement factor, cannot hold or fire weapons, and cannot use ropes or ladders to board or leave flying helicopters.

I cannot recall which games have been updated to include the Civilian feature, however.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
11-14-2011, 04:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2011, 04:25 AM by Embis.)
Thanks,
After some searching in MW I have found the answer to my question, in the scenario editor one of the options from the <command> menu is <Toggle Civilian> Job done! :)

..This isnt't an option available in ToD, and I haven't looked at others in the SB series but imagine if it isn't in ToD it wont be in the others.

This would be a nice feature to have in all the SB games, it could make for some interesting small scale scenario designs, rescuing hostages, downed aircrew, prisoners etc.

..anyway back to the scenario editor in MW now to see what I can come up with..Big Grin

11-14-2011, 04:37 AM,
I would imagine when the series goes through the next round of updates that this could be added to most games. It's probably only in the two newest games, MW and Falklands.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
11-21-2011, 02:31 AM,
(11-13-2011, 03:48 AM)Embis Wrote:
(11-12-2011, 08:24 AM)Ironwulf Wrote: I've experimented with this in a hypothetical MW scenario called Operation Sea dragon. I had a news crew that was stuck between opposing forces.

So MW does include Civillians? where do you find them in the OOB's?

In MW civilians are accounted for the in the 'collateral' feature. None of the scenarios was about hostages, etc, so there was no need to actually include civilian units.