• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 Digging Questions
02-03-2013, 09:32 AM,
c_Question Mark  France '14 Digging Questions
If you have a unit in the process of digging for several turns, which has already completed a improved position and is attempting to dig a trench, then order them to stop digging so they can fire on the enemy for a turn or two, and then have them continue digging a few turns later, will the "digging level" continue where it left off (some where in between a IP and trench) or will the "digging level" reset to a IP, and they will have to start all over again for attempting to dig up to the next level which would be a trench?

Also, I had several fixed units who I set to dig however, when I get a turn back from my opponent none of the fixed units are digging, none of them have created a IP, none of them have fired on the enemy, and none of them have not been fired on by the enemy. Any idea why they are not continuing to dig on their own?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 10:20 AM,
RE: France '14 Digging Questions
(02-03-2013, 09:32 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: If you have a unit in the process of digging for several turns, which has already completed a improved position and is attempting to dig a trench, then order them to stop digging so they can fire on the enemy for a turn or two, and then have them continue digging a few turns later, will the "digging level" continue where it left off (some where in between a IP and trench) or will the "digging level" reset to a IP, and they will have to start all over again for attempting to dig up to the next level which would be a trench?
Each turn you have a unit digging in it has a % chance of being successful, how many turns you have had that unit digging in does not affect the % chance of success on any particular turn as each check for success is a separate event.
So in your example a unit that has created an IP and is then toggled to dig a trench will continue with the same future % chance of creating that trench.
(02-03-2013, 09:32 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Also, I had several fixed units who I set to dig however, when I get a turn back from my opponent none of the fixed units are digging, none of them have created a IP, none of them have fired on the enemy, and none of them have not been fired on by the enemy. Any idea why they are not continuing to dig on their own?
In hundreds of games of PzC or F14 i have never seen a unit "untoggle" itself from digging in without the owning player doing so or the unit is disrupted or assaulted out of its hex, the only time the digging in status has changed without these events is when a IP or trench has been successfully created.

So i don't really know what you are seeing there? If it is actually the case that your units stopped digging in on their own, then you have seen a bug never reported on these forums.
02-03-2013, 02:28 PM,
"Also, I had several fixed units who I set to dig however, when I get a turn back from my opponent none of the fixed units are digging, none of them have created a IP, none of them have fired on the enemy, and none of them have not been fired on by the enemy. Any idea why they are not continuing to dig on their own?"

What you have to watch out for is fixed units (notably those in Paris) in the rear whom you order to dig and then forget about them. That's what I did and when I finally needed those fellows late in the campaign, some of them had 200+ fatigue points! Mamma Mia! TEEHEE
02-03-2013, 07:27 PM,
(02-03-2013, 02:28 PM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: What you have to watch out for is fixed units (notably those in Paris) in the rear whom you order to dig and then forget about them. That's what I did and when I finally needed those fellows late in the campaign, some of them had 200+ fatigue points! Mamma Mia! TEEHEE

Yes, i smaller games you can untoggle the digging in order during night moves to prevent units (fixed or not) accumulating fatigue, but obviously in the big campaigns this would be very time consuming. :rolleyes2:
02-03-2013, 07:36 PM,
"Yes, i smaller games you can untoggle the digging in order during night moves to prevent units (fixed or not) accumulating fatigue, but obviously in the big campaigns this would be very time consuming." :rolleyes2:

I once suggested "Hi-lite digging" but obviously there are bigger fish to fry. jonnyTEEHEE

02-03-2013, 08:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013, 08:35 PM by JDR Dragoon.)
Remember to untoggle digging during the dusk/last daylight turn. Any fiddling with a unit during a night turn, even untoggling digging, or bringing it unto the map as a reinforcement, incurs fatigue of the Night Fatigue rule is in play (as it almost always is).
Send this user an email
02-04-2013, 06:12 AM,
Now the "hard part", trying to recreate what I was experiencing.

Thanks for the info guys!
02-04-2013, 06:28 AM,
you are digging in...your units get disrupted during your opponents turn...they stop digging in...they then undisrupt at the start of your turn and appear to look like they untoggled on their own. Check your command logs
02-04-2013, 06:35 AM,
Command Logs? Batman Confused

Where are those located?

02-04-2013, 09:00 AM,
I'm guessing raizer is referring to the Command Report that appears at the beginning of each player's turn. It includes a listing of your units that just undisrupted.