• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Interesting scenarios
11-06-2011, 07:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2011, 02:04 AM by Wolfgang.)
Interesting scenarios
They stand out to me because they portray unusual tactical situations, units, or weapon systems.

Pacific War:
Sheer Massacre - a large scale japanese amphibious assault.
Rays of the Rising Sun - IJA parachute assault onto a UK held airfield.

Red Victory:
Hammer Meets Rock - German assault using remote controlled mini tanks with explosives in them. You first have to make your way through some pretty intense russian defensiveworks using mine detectors, wire clippers and demo charges.
Operation Rosselsprung - German air assault onto a russian held hilltop using gliders and parachutes. Even the weapon cannisters drop separately and you have to maneuver a unit to them.

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2011, 04:11 AM,
RE: Interesting scenarios
In Hammer meets Rock are you referring to these little guys?
[Image: 0i3c9.jpg]
And they worked. Maybe not as well as they might have liked but they did.
Be sending you an RVfile soon
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.
11-08-2011, 04:26 AM,
(11-06-2011, 07:58 PM)Ironwulf Wrote: They stand out to me because they portray unusual tactical situations, units, or weapon systems.

Pacific War:
Sheer Massacre - a large scale japanese amphibious assault.
Rays of the Rising Sun - IJA parachute assault onto a UK held airfield.

Red Victory:
Hammer Meets Rock - German assault using remote controlled mini tanks with explosives in them. You first have to make your way through some pretty intense russian defensiveworks using mine detectors, wire clippers and demo charges.
Operation Rosselsprung - German air assault onto a russian held hilltop using gliders and parachutes. Even the weapon cannisters drop separately and you have to maneuver a unit to them.

Great topic Ironwulf.

When I have some time, I'll be checking those scenarios out. Sounds like alot of fun.

Thanks

11-08-2011, 06:12 AM,
File sent Ironwulf
11-08-2011, 01:20 PM,
(11-08-2011, 04:11 AM)Dog829 Wrote: In Hammer meets Rock are you referring to these little guys?

Yep - that's the one. They are a lot smaller lookin than I thought... no wonder my AT guns are having a hard time shooting 'em down.
Send this user an email
11-08-2011, 06:06 PM,
I just grabbed this off wiki
The Goliath tracked mine - complete German name: Leichter Ladungsträger Goliath (Sd.Kfz. 302/303a/303b) - was a remote controlled German-engineered demolition vehicle, also known as the beetle tank to Allies.
Employed by the Wehrmacht during World War II, this caterpillar-tracked vehicle was approximately 4 feet (1.2 m) long, 2 feet (0.61 m) wide, and 1 foot (0.30 m) tall. It carried 75–100 kilograms (170–220 lb) of high explosives and was intended to be used for multiple purposes, such as destroying tanks, disrupting dense infantry formations, and demolition of buildings and bridges.
11-09-2011, 04:55 AM,
(11-08-2011, 01:20 PM)Ironwulf Wrote:
(11-08-2011, 04:11 AM)Dog829 Wrote: In Hammer meets Rock are you referring to these little guys?
Yep - that's the one. They are a lot smaller lookin than I thought... no wonder my AT guns are having a hard time shooting 'em down.

Actually having another look at the scenario - I don't think that's the one. The unit box graphic seems to show a chassis that looks to be part panzer II like undercarriage with a panther style sloped armor upper chassis, and a mini turret...?? It's labeled: Sdkfz 301.
Send this user an email
11-10-2011, 08:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-10-2011, 08:53 PM by Ozgur Budak.)
(11-06-2011, 07:58 PM)Ironwulf Wrote: Operation Rosselsprung - German air assault onto a russian held hilltop using gliders and parachutes. Even the weapon cannisters drop separately and you have to maneuver a unit to them.

Just a quick reminder; Operation Rosselsprung is a fight between Waffen SS and Tito's partisans, not Russians.