• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Teaser mod graphics
11-05-2011, 06:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2011, 06:36 PM by Wolfgang.)
Teaser mod graphics
Well I've found some time recently to begin delving into modding 1776.

There are a lot of different uniforms in use - quite a variety. Hopefully I'll be able to pull it off. I've been lookin on the net for battle art that depicts the soldiers in realistic poses using their weapons, marching, etc.

I look forward to the next round in our tournament btw!

Here's a single soldier on the march. I'll be using it as the base model for all the formations. The tricky part will be making the british grenadier helmet (the bearskin one).

As I get these done I'll post them for download on my blog here: http://grognardgamer.blogspot.com/
I should also put up my squad battle mods there too.

[Image: 3D-1776-March.bmp][Image: 3D-1776-March2.bmp][Image: 3D-1776-March3.bmp][Image: 3D-1776-March4.bmp][Image: 3D-1776-March5.bmp][Image: 3D-1776-March6.bmp]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2011, 11:09 AM,
RE: Teaser mod graphics
Looking Good!

Are you planning on doing just units mods or are you planning on doing map mods also?
11-06-2011, 11:12 AM,
Ironwulf, you best be sending the finished product! They're beautiful.
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message
11-06-2011, 07:48 PM,
Hey thx. Still a long way to go but... it's getting started at least.

I plan to pretty much just stick to the units for now - there are a ton of them, each with different color combinations so i anticipate a lot of work just getting those done. :)

I'll definitely send you a copy though.

By the way - I was thinking I could stick with the number of soldiers that are now present in each formation or lower that number but increase the scale.. ala more like how Ancient Wars scales their 3D units. I'll just test it out and see how it all looks.
Send this user an email
11-06-2011, 10:07 PM,
Many like to see more men in the unit to give the feel of a line or column. With larger monitors it works. BTW, remember in this scale and time frame a column is usually 1-3 men, so the column of two's works well.

See if you can get 8 - 10 men per unit to look good on the map.

Now for the unit pic that shows in the info box... your larger individual pics will be great.

JT uses two different pics in his games unlike the one Paul has set up, so you can get great detail in the info pic, and many men in the 3D pic
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message
11-07-2011, 06:14 AM,
Hi Wulf- your post reminded me that I needed to add a link to your blog to the site.

Will get that done by the end week.

Nice work, as seems to be your habit.

Bydand
Send this user an email
11-12-2011, 11:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2011, 11:50 AM by Wolfgang.)
Just a rough exploratory sketch - first image for testing only. Basically, if the unit was red - I replaced it with this one image so I could rapidly load it up in-game. Still a lot of work to do. I posted it to my blog here:

http://grognardgamer.blogspot.com/
Send this user an email
11-12-2011, 12:24 PM,
Outstanding work.

Marching troops a bit dark. Firing troops good. Some graphic overlap as you rotate unit. All easy fixes.

Keep it up. I like it! Thanks!
Al Amos
11-12-2011, 09:09 PM,
(11-12-2011, 12:24 PM)Al Amos Wrote: Outstanding work.

Marching troops a bit dark. Firing troops good. Some graphic overlap as you rotate unit. All easy fixes.

Keep it up. I like it! Thanks!

Yep I had to go back and redo the marching guys. Check out the updated 3d file on my blog:

[Image: Screenshot.png]
Send this user an email
11-13-2011, 04:48 PM,
Wow, I really like those units Ironwulf...very impressed. Now stop chit-chatting on blitz and get to work :)