• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How is the F 14 campaign going?
11-05-2011, 06:20 PM,
How is the F 14 campaign going?
I'm assuming the large von Schlieffen Plan scenario "Home Before the Leaves Fall" is the one most of us are playing. I'm playing one now and we are at dawn on September 2, turn 88 out of 158. Allies have 525,000 losses and 1800 guns, Germans 475,000 1350 guns. Allies still holding the line Arras, Cambrai, Marburge, Sedan, Verdun, Nancy but the German player is relentless. Has anyone played this scenario out somewhat along historical lines, slowly retreating onto the environs of Paris? It seems to me that to do that both players would have to be somewhat familiar with each others style of play but then this is a new system. I've found that as Allies it isn't practical to conduct the kind of retreats that were done historically when the German player won't take a number of days off to rest. Let's face it: this is wargaming; attacks begin at dawn and continue through the night. There is no let up. Has anyone actually retreated to Paris in this scenario or am I in uncharted territory. jonny:whis:
Quote this message in a reply