• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modding JTCS - What is possible now, and how far can we go?
11-14-2011, 06:16 AM,
RE: Modding JTCS - What is possible now, and how far can we go?
Ok, here is a scenario for the WF version of the K'talan mod, Thorn in the Side. Let me know what you think.

Mike

.zip   K\'talan1 scn WF.zip (Size: 70.18 KB / Downloads: 5)
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2011, 04:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2011, 04:51 AM by Crossroads.)
(11-14-2011, 06:16 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Ok, here is a scenario for the WF version of the K'talan mod, Thorn in the Side. Let me know what you think.

Mike

:kill:

Seems like the PaK 75mm will have a hard task ahead in killing those M'dra VIII tanks...

Uthga-IVb AA tanks were another story though, as long as there is thungsten available in the Reich the Nazis will stand a chance?

I have just quickly looked at the WF scenario you provided.

Are you saying there is a campaign game stacked in somewhere in the K'talan EF? I did not seem to be able to find it.

But alas, this is what the modding is about! Hitler versus aliens :)

And btw that's a neat K'talia OOB available there! cheers
(11-07-2011, 02:11 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Yep, I have many installs on my comp as you can imagine!! Can't wait to see what you do with the Finns, I prefer Axis minor countries, and something with the Finns versus Germany would be very cool!

Mike

Yes, let us see what I can get done over the Xmas holidays. Looking forward to it, really! I have one EF scenario I would like to get finished, and after that Lapland it is, with new units.

I might tinker around and create the upgunned Mk IV J unit just for the heck of it? :chin:

Edit: It seems the J was not upgunned after all. I was pretty sure it had a longer calibre (L70 vs L48) gun but I guess not.

Nazis did not have any armour in Lapland to speak of... Only some captured junk from France 1940. Would be a fun to have them pitted agains their own late war medium tanks :)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-16-2011, 09:45 AM,
Hi Battle Kat!

Quote:Seems like the PaK 75mm will have a hard task ahead in killing those M'dra VIII tanks...

Indeed, tough customers for sure!!

Quote:Uthga-IVb AA tanks were another story though, as long as there is thungsten available in the Reich the Nazis will stand a chance?

Yep, but beware the Uthga is a nasty meatchopper!!

Quote:Are you saying there is a campaign game stacked in somewhere in the K'talan EF? I did not seem to be able to find it.

Actually, when you introduce the mod, then start Barbarossa North, you can play as K'talan then. Am working at revamping the campaign files as we speak, and am going to make a dedicated DCG just for them for EF. I just made one for WF in the desert with desert camo for the K'talan, am cleaning up WF version as well. Also made a mod to cover the RS theatre, but want to refine it some more and have a few scennies to start!!

But alas, this is what the modding is about! Hitler versus aliens :)

Quote:And btw that's a neat K'talia OOB available there! cheers

Thanks, it was a lot of fun designing it, am trying to standardise the 3 mods across the board, as far as the Army, Corps, and campaign files, I'll post notification of an update when I finish it. Probably just repack the files in a cleaned up zip.

Good to see other modders at work!!

Mike

11-17-2011, 05:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2011, 05:32 AM by Crossroads.)
Cheers Mike,

Would you happen to have good tips as how to mod OOBs?

I would basically need to add a few units into it (Finland), and then to copy the whole Finnish OOB as an Allied version, as of 9/1944.

For the heck of it, the Allied Finland could of course be available even earlier for some what-ifs. Or, actually, to have correct Winter War scenarios as Allied Finland against Axis Soviet Union :smoke:

Regards Petri
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-17-2011, 09:29 AM,
Hi Petri!!

I will definitely try to help you out best I can!

First, add your units into a copy of your platoon file, at same time, make a copy of your weapon.pdt file and make sure to add the new units into that file as well. Make sure to add unit pics as well as txt if possible for added flavor. I usually will make a new folder under Mods using JSGME, or, in your case with a whole new install, just make a new folder as a "work" area, copy all Platoon, Company, Battalion, Regiment, Brigade, Corps, Division and Army, as well as Campaign oob files, as well as all related icon files with said country number into that new folder.

Next, once you have made all your platoon edits, and have added all units into the various upper echelon formations, you need to figure out which Allied country slot you would like to use for the new country, so decide whether to call them Allied Finland, or just Finland, and so on. I would just call them finland, as with the new insignia, they will be distinguishable from the Axis version, AND easier to find a match for replacement in the exe files. Being in EF, you can safely pick American, British, Netherlands, and quite a few more. Decide which, then you need to change ALL your unit numbers to the correct number of the country you will use for Allied, ie 10 for USA, 09 for Great Britain, and so on. After you have done that for ALL icon, picture, unittxt, and oob files, send the platoon file, and weapon file to Jason for encryption so you can test the new units out, he usually can return the files to you very quickly.

If this sounds too complicated, especially with changing the exe files, just let me know, I will be happy to help you out with it, I also have some how-to files on just this procedure if you would prefer to 'tough it out', that I can email you. Either way, I am at your service, all you need to do is ask!

Let me know!!

Mike
11-19-2011, 04:45 AM,
Thanks Mike,

With the help of the doc I got from Jason I will try to do some minor changes first. I will let you know how it works!

cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-19-2011, 06:42 AM,
OK, I have made a number of modifications and added new units, and have sent the platoon and weapons file to Jason.

Wish me luck!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-19-2011, 07:16 AM,
Good deal, let me know how things go!!

Mike
11-19-2011, 07:19 AM,
I will. Should the modified OOB work I would then definitively need assistance in creating the whole new country as far as EF is concerned! cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-19-2011, 10:33 AM,
No problem, just let me know when!!

Mike