• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modding JTCS - What is possible now, and how far can we go?
11-05-2011, 03:13 AM,
RE: Modding JTCS - What is possible now, and how far can we go?
(11-04-2011, 08:31 AM)Warhorse Wrote: @ Battle Kat, have you tried the K'talan Mods I did for EF and WF? They are based on Harry Turtledoves World at War series, only the aliens aren't lizards. The EF version has a DCG also. I'll provide the links here, as the original post is at the Matrix forums, which aren't hit near as much as here!

EF-https://rapidshare.com/files/3402155972/K_talia_new.zip

WF-https://rapidshare.com/files/3917551034/K_talia_WF.zip

To use them, either use JSGME to introduce the mods into the respective games, or make a seperate instance of EF and WF and dump these into it, but remove the stock scenario's first!!

Mike

Hi,

How do you play it. If you remove all the stock scenarios what do you play?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2011, 03:25 AM,
(11-05-2011, 03:13 AM)Ashcloud Wrote: How do you play it. If you remove all the stock scenarios what do you play?

Mike's mod comes with its own scenarios.

Jason Petho

Send this user an email
11-05-2011, 03:39 AM,
(11-05-2011, 03:25 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
(11-05-2011, 03:13 AM)Ashcloud Wrote: How do you play it. If you remove all the stock scenarios what do you play?

Mike's mod comes with its own scenarios.

Jason Petho

I don't seem to find any, removed all the stock scenarios and then the menu was empty??
Send this user an email
11-05-2011, 03:51 AM,
(11-05-2011, 03:39 AM)Ashcloud Wrote: I don't seem to find any, removed all the stock scenarios and then the menu was empty??

You're right! He forgot to add them to this version.

I'm sure he'll chime in in a bit and upload the scenarios and campaign.

Jason Petho

Send this user an email
11-05-2011, 03:53 AM,
(11-05-2011, 03:51 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
(11-05-2011, 03:39 AM)Ashcloud Wrote: I don't seem to find any, removed all the stock scenarios and then the menu was empty??

You're right! He forgot to add them to this version.

I'm sure he'll chime in in a bit and upload the scenarios and campaign.

Jason Petho

I hope so, I would enjoy seeing some mods in action. Jason, do you know where I can find more?
Send this user an email
11-05-2011, 06:55 AM,
Hey fellahs,

Seems all I ever got done was a DCG in EF, although I see campaign files also in WF, it's been many years since I did these!! I will endeavor to make a scenario or two this weekend for you all, I meant to when I was working on them, but got engrossed into my korean War mod and working with the Beta Team. My apologies, bu the DCG in EF works, have played several battles in that for starters, and you can create a small scenario using the editors. However, I will try to get something out for you all, thanks for any interest in this, I found it enjoyable. I think the WF version has the huge El Alamein scenario with the aliens in the Allied spots against the Axis. I had some ideas to expand and enhance this mod, but over the years there were very few downloads of it, so it wasn't a priority for me. Stay tuned!!

Mike
11-06-2011, 12:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2011, 12:58 PM by Warhorse.)
Ok guys, here is a scenario to try out with the EF version of the Ktalan mod. I suck at scenarios, so I took one of D. Bevards scenarios and modified it pretty heavily to give you all something to try out. Here is the files, and also a brief on the background of the mod, if you weren't familiar with Harry Turtledove! I will try to make some more, but scenario design is not my strong point unfortunately! Let me know what you think.

Mike

.zip   Ktalan scenario.zip (Size: 45.97 KB / Downloads: 5)
11-06-2011, 05:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2011, 06:09 PM by Crossroads.)
Thanks Mike! As it turned out another home improvement project has taken all my spare time this weekend and I haven't had time to do anything with JTCS...

I did however test the folder structure, and it works like a charm!

C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\East Front
C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\West Front
C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\Rising Sun
C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\Ktalan - EF (copy of original EF folder)
C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\Ktalan - WF (copy of original WF folder)
C:\Matrix Games\John Tiller's Campaign Series\Tour de Finland - EF (copy of original EF folder)

The new folders are a simple copy paste to same folder (copy-paste of East Front results in a new folder called East Front - Copy, then just rename it).

I have created a shortcut from exe.s of each folder to desktop, e.g. EastFront.exe from Ktalan - EF is available for launching a Ktalan flavour of JTCS EF :bow:

Tour de Finland - EF folder being my little sandbox for fixing those Finnish bicycles, tank riding capability, plus playing with Finnish OOB e.g. adding captured ISU-152s and PzKpfw IV Js received from Germany in July 1944. Once that done, I would then add an Allied Finland as of September 1944 to be able to create scenarios for the so called Lapland War of 9/1944-5/1945, the third installment of those troubled years for our country.

Woohoo! Freedom to mod I previously thought not possible? cheers to everyone assisting in this thread and to Jason in particular.

Unfortunately, given the little time I have at the moment Tour de Finland EF with Lapland War is not coming to a theatre near you anytime soon... :hissy:
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-07-2011, 02:11 AM,
Yep, I have many installs on my comp as you can imagine!! Can't wait to see what you do with the Finns, I prefer Axis minor countries, and something with the Finns versus Germany would be very cool!

Mike
11-11-2011, 07:22 AM,
-Bump-

I have a scennie for WF about ready now also, just need a BMP for the opening.

Mike