• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modding JTCS - What is possible now, and how far can we go?
11-04-2011, 01:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2011, 01:20 AM by Jason Petho.)
RE: Modding JTCS - What is possible now, and how far can we go?
(11-04-2011, 01:07 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: So until then, I would need your assistance (with encryption) in creating a version where men in cool suits drive around in white Saabs, killing everything in their way.

"Snow Silver", but yes, that is correct. Send the files to my email, and I would happy to convert them.

(11-04-2011, 01:07 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Regards Petri, a proud owner of a white Saab 9-5 Wagon.

I love the new 9-5! I just wish it would fit in my parking space. Alas, it is not the case. I am patiently waiting for the new 9-3 though!

(11-04-2011, 01:07 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Had the car modded to support flexifuel, by the way. All needed was a software upload + a different set of spark plugs! Any alcohol I leave over can be now used for driving around :)

I'm waiting for Hirsch to be approved in Canada. I suspect early in the new year. Then some new software is in my future! Not that the turbo V-6 needs it...

Jason Petho

(11-04-2011, 01:14 AM)Ashcloud Wrote: May you keep breathing for a very long time...

Thank you!

Jason Petho

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2011, 03:16 AM,
I am eagerly waiting for the first new 9-5 appearing in the used car market. Their valuation must be pretty low as things stand out. Which, at the end of the day, is actually a sad thing.

As for the units, I was considering fixing the Finnish units as reported by me (Crossroads / PL unit counter avatar) in the Matrix forum, towards the end of this page : http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp...page=2&key=

I am not sure how to fix them though, but now that you have offered to encrypt them I will invest the time and study the unit files in more detail.

Then again, if MW 1 is out during the first half of 2012, what is your guess of 1.05? Second half of 2012?

I would of course encourage you guys in considering the encryption policy. If I may ask, why is it you would like to maintain the encryption? Is it for commercial reasons, or are there other reasons as well?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-04-2011, 03:35 AM,
(11-04-2011, 03:16 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: I am eagerly waiting for the first new 9-5 appearing in the used car market. Their valuation must be pretty low as things stand out. Which, at the end of the day, is actually a sad thing.

Better a Chinese owned Saab than no Saab at all. Here's hoping they get the necessary approvals in the next couple of weeks. I recommend http://www.saabsunited.com and http://inside.saab.com if you aren't already following them.

(11-04-2011, 03:16 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: I am not sure how to fix them though, but now that you have offered to encrypt them I will invest the time and study the unit files in more detail.

What is your email? I can send over a document that helps explains how they work. Mostly.

(11-04-2011, 03:16 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Then again, if MW 1 is out during the first half of 2012, what is your guess of 1.05? Second half of 2012?

Probably 2013.

(11-04-2011, 03:16 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: I would of course encourage you guys in considering the encryption policy. If I may ask, why is it you would like to maintain the encryption? Is it for commercial reasons, or are there other reasons as well?

For cheating purposes. Is it full proof? No, but it is significantly better than leaving the option open for the masses.

Jason Petho

Send this user an email
11-04-2011, 03:51 AM,
Thanks Jason, my public email is krazykat dot theblitz at gmail dot com.

(11-04-2011, 03:35 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
(11-04-2011, 03:16 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: I would of course encourage you guys in considering the encryption policy. If I may ask, why is it you would like to maintain the encryption? Is it for commercial reasons, or are there other reasons as well?

For cheating purposes. Is it full proof? No, but it is significantly better than leaving the option open for the masses.

Jason Petho

Masses. What masses? :smoke:

- Petri
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-04-2011, 03:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2011, 04:05 AM by Jason Petho.)
(11-04-2011, 03:51 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Thanks Jason, my public email is krazykat dot theblitz at gmail dot com.

Thanks, file will be coming when I get home.

And now it is sent.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
11-04-2011, 04:29 AM,
(11-04-2011, 03:56 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
(11-04-2011, 03:51 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Thanks Jason, my public email is krazykat dot theblitz at gmail dot com.

Thanks, file will be coming when I get home.

And now it is sent.

Jason Petho

Got it, thanks a ton! cheers

Btw, is it possible to run two JTCS instances on the same computer, and to have them on a different patch level? Just curious whether its possible...

Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-04-2011, 04:31 AM,
(11-04-2011, 04:29 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Btw, is it possible to run two JTCS instances on the same computer, and to have them on a different patch level? Just curious whether its possible...

Yes it is.

Jason Petho

Send this user an email
11-04-2011, 08:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2011, 08:37 AM by Warhorse.)
@ Battle Kat, have you tried the K'talan Mods I did for EF and WF? They are based on Harry Turtledoves World at War series, only the aliens aren't lizards. The EF version has a DCG also. I'll provide the links here, as the original post is at the Matrix forums, which aren't hit near as much as here!

EF-https://rapidshare.com/files/3402155972/K_talia_new.zip

WF-https://rapidshare.com/files/3917551034/K_talia_WF.zip

To use them, either use JSGME to introduce the mods into the respective games, or make a seperate instance of EF and WF and dump these into it, but remove the stock scenario's first!!

Mike
11-05-2011, 12:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2011, 12:01 AM by Crossroads.)
Cheers Mike,

That sounds like the perfect test case for running a few parallel instances while using JSGME for patch control cheers

Latest patch level? Do you have a different version for WF and EF, respectively, or could I just install them all under one exe?

Sorry, haven't had a chance to download them yet.

I am planning to install JTCS from scratch to a separate folder than my current one, and to check if I could actually have the modded games run under the main folder

E.g.

\JTCS
\JTCS\EF
\JTCS\WF
\JTCS\RS
\JTCS\Turtledove

Turtledove sub folder would be a copy of the EF folder, with EF scenarios removed and your files put in instead (with JSGME).

Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-05-2011, 01:17 AM,
Petri - did I see you mention "left over Alcohol"? Sorry but I don't understand this concept:smoke: