• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Larger, longer scenarios
11-08-2011, 12:00 AM,
RE: Larger, longer scenarios
There have been some ASL scenarios made for SBs. Has anybody put in motion or thought about maybe converting some CS scenarios into SBs? I figure there has to be some that would make for some really good games. It would be nice to have the option of some larger, longer scenarios if people wanted to get into some of them.
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2011, 01:46 AM,
Now that I would be into trying :)

I feel like I have just about every SL / ASL scenario in print - like hundreds of them, many from long out of print publications too. Along with the stock release that includes a huge thick binder of scenarios plus stuff from the General and ASL annuals.

I'm limited to working in RV and PW though. (Still wish they'd put out a Squad Battles North Africa version.)

Did any come to mind??

Send this user an email
11-08-2011, 02:42 AM,
The reason that the ASL conversions have been accomplished was a nifty map conversion program that takes ASL maps and converts them into SB maps. I have a link to that site on TFE4, but it didn't work when I tried to access it. Not sure if it even exists any longer.

In order to make CS scenarios, you'd have to find very similar maps to the scenarios you wish to convert over. Some may be easier than others.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
11-08-2011, 02:49 AM,
What does "CS" stand for?
Send this user an email
11-08-2011, 03:37 AM,
JT's Campaign Series that was originally published by Talonsoft and later by Matrix
11-08-2011, 04:28 AM,
Would Rising Sun have been a CS game? If so I've played CS quite a bit then.
Hmm, I really like the idea of doing this. I do miss the days of playing SL/ASL.
Plus these can be designed as PBEM scenarios from the ground up, AI could be a secondary consideration.
Send this user an email
11-08-2011, 09:07 AM,
Rising Sun is a CS game
11-09-2011, 10:23 PM,
(11-02-2011, 11:25 PM)TheBigRedOne Wrote:
(11-02-2011, 07:10 AM)Dog829 Wrote: Valid points each and every one but undoubtedly we will give it a go..
Sadly the father of AI, John McCarthy passed away Oct 24th at the age of 84. Began working on the idea in 1955. Wanted to note that since I feel we owe the man some respect and his passing was so over shadowed by Jobs death that not many knew about it.
Thanks

I think you guys should definitely try. I'd like to see how long it takes to finish that game, and more importantly, if you have the stamina to do it!

Big Grin

A

Not sure how I missed this. Rather highlights who the liability most likely would be now doesn't it? :whis:
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.
11-10-2011, 12:09 AM,
I guess it would help to clarify a little further. I do mean scenarios for HTH, not ai configured unless somebody wanted to make it that way.
11-10-2011, 03:41 AM,
I think the fact that you don't see many massive scenarios like this tells you all you need to know about how much work they'd be.

If it were easy, there would be plenty of them.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4