• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS Gettysburg the map
10-14-2011, 11:12 AM,
HPS Gettysburg the map
I've been getting into Gettysburg and researching it after a long hiatus. I feel that the HPS game system, with optional rules has potential for realistic Civil War gaming.

I've played the good ole SPI TSS and TS Gettysburg. The HPS Gettysburg map appears to be too bland, and this is not just a graphics comment, comparing it to the beautiful TS map.

I've walked the battlefield twice, in summer.

Is The Wheatfield of Sickle's Salient fame really the only field on the battlefield? Certainly not! Where are the fences and stone walls I read about in battle accounts?
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2011, 03:52 PM,
RE: HPS Gettysburg the map
(10-14-2011, 11:12 AM)FM WarB Wrote: I've been getting into Gettysburg and researching it after a long hiatus. I feel that the HPS game system, with optional rules has potential for realistic Civil War gaming.

I've played the good ole SPI TSS and TS Gettysburg. The HPS Gettysburg map appears to be too bland, and this is not just a graphics comment, comparing it to the beautiful TS map.

I've walked the battlefield twice, in summer.

Is The Wheatfield of Sickle's Salient fame really the only field on the battlefield? Certainly not! Where are the fences and stone walls I read about in battle accounts?

Be nice to have a map editor, wouldn't it?
Stifled in Vietnam.
Send this user an email
10-15-2011, 12:10 AM,
FM WarB,

When I load up my three day 156 turn battle on the HPS Gettysburg game I see stone walls all over the place. Look around Cemetry and Culps Hill and work your way all the way down to Little Round Top.

I'm not sure if you are aware of it however, Old Banshee has a Gettysburg Graphics Package and a Gettysburg Map and Weather Mod in which you may be interested in using.

You can find them here: http://old-banshee.yolasite.com/downloads.php

keif149,

You probably won't see a map editor available to us game owners until the series is complete.
10-15-2011, 03:55 AM,
Those are not the only walls, fences and fields on the battlefield.

Nice mods by Banshee, thanks.