• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Any interest in a doc on map conversion?
10-08-2011, 11:49 AM,
Any interest in a doc on map conversion?
How about it? Does anyone like maps from another of the JTCS games, and would like to have battles on them in another game, but only receive error messages on trying to import it? I've done a lot of map conversions for my own enjoyment over the years, just for kicks, or as in a modern conversion using DG, taking maps from EF/WF and converting them for use in that game. Reason I ask is Jason recently had me convert one from RS for use in the new Vietnam game we are working on. He asked if I could make a document explaining the process. I would be willing, but the process takes about an hour sometimes, or more depending on the size of the map, so creating a doc with the full explanation with pics would take me some time. I will do it if there are enough folks out there who would be interested, otherwise it's too much effort. Please sound off if interested!:)

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2011, 06:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2011, 06:15 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: Any interest in a doc on map conversion?
Sure why not! Maybe you could ask the mods to have it posted into Articles section of the Blitz site once completed. Then it would not get lost in the CS forum itself?

https://www.theblitz.club/articles/Artic...ies/cid=12

Playing with maps was the most fun part I had when I put my one scenario together. I used the guidelines and help from Huib, I had a contemporary map from late 1930s and together with Google Earth it came out just beautifully. I actually have completed another large map, but have not found the energy to proceed with the scenario itself. One of these days perhaps.

I also like the scenarios HSL is putting together, if I recall correctly he is creating new scenarios with the idea of there and back, so if there's a 1939 of Germans pushing east in Poland, there would be a 1945 scenario of Germans on full retreat on the same map. Brilliant idea! :thumbs_up:

Anything to ease the work of new kids in the scenario design block eh? I for one would at least appreciate your work :)

Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-08-2011, 07:20 PM,
(10-08-2011, 11:49 AM)Warhorse Wrote: How about it? Does anyone like maps from another of the JTCS games, and would like to have battles on them in another game, but only receive error messages on trying to import it? I've done a lot of map conversions for my own enjoyment over the years, just for kicks, or as in a modern conversion using DG, taking maps from EF/WF and converting them for use in that game. Reason I ask is Jason recently had me convert one from RS for use in the new Vietnam game we are working on. He asked if I could make a document explaining the process. I would be willing, but the process takes about an hour sometimes, or more depending on the size of the map, so creating a doc with the full explanation with pics would take me some time. I will do it if there are enough folks out there who would be interested, otherwise it's too much effort. Please sound off if interested!:)

Mike

I'd like to have it cheers

Send this user an email
10-09-2011, 04:16 AM,
Forgot to ask, is there a favorite map you would like to see converted? If so from which game, to which game?!

Mike
10-09-2011, 05:27 AM,
(10-09-2011, 04:16 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Forgot to ask, is there a favorite map you would like to see converted? If so from which game, to which game?!

Mike

None for me, just the instruction manual would be great ;-)
Send this user an email
10-09-2011, 06:29 AM,
Would appreciate seeing it as well!

regards
Peter
10-10-2011, 06:34 AM,
OK, I just finished the document. It's pretty big, 37 pages, with pics and examples, hopefully it will help someone out! This is the first time I ever tried to explain the process to anyone, so pretty daunting!! Not as hard as it would seem at first, so play around with it. I uploaded it to articles, but it will need approved before it is available, so in the meantime I will post it here.

Enjoy!

Mike

Attached Files
.zip   map conversion.zip (Size: 1.16 MB / Downloads: 63)
10-10-2011, 06:38 AM,
(10-10-2011, 06:34 AM)Warhorse Wrote: OK, I just finished the document. It's pretty big, 37 pages, with pics and examples, hopefully it will help someone out! This is the first time I ever tried to explain the process to anyone, so pretty daunting!! Not as hard as it would seem at first, so play around with it. I uploaded it to articles, but it will need approved before it is available, so in the meantime I will post it here.

Enjoy!

Mike

10-10-2011, 10:11 AM,
(10-10-2011, 06:34 AM)Warhorse Wrote: OK, I just finished the document. It's pretty big, 37 pages, with pics and examples, hopefully it will help someone out! This is the first time I ever tried to explain the process to anyone, so pretty daunting!! Not as hard as it would seem at first, so play around with it. I uploaded it to articles, but it will need approved before it is available, so in the meantime I will post it here.

Enjoy!

Mike

Thanks for all of your hard work!!

Cheers!
cheers
Send this user an email
10-10-2011, 11:07 AM,
(10-10-2011, 10:11 AM)keif149 Wrote:

Enjoy!

Mike

Thanks for all of your hard work!!

Cheers!
cheers

No problem, hope it is of some help to you guys! I just love tinkering with this series!

Mike